The Product Details states: "■Easily screw onto your tripod to properly secure position of your camera ■Suitable for tripod with detachable 3/8-inch mounting screw. Quick release plate adapter is secured on the tripod by the 3/8-inch mounting screw as shown on the pictures. 3/8-inch screw is not included (it normally comes with the tripod)" This is not true. The bottom plate has no threads. It is just a plain hole. As such, it cannot be screwed directly onto your tripod. If you can figure some other way of attaching the bottom plate to your tripod, it is a good product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? It depends on what is being advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, but poorly described.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
Informational comment: Description is inaccurate and thereby misleading, in that this quick release plate adapter set is intended to be installed on a tripod "head" and not directly to a tripod; tripods have a 1/4" or 3/8" threaded stud for mounting a tripod "head" that screws onto the tripod. The "head" may or may not have a user removable camera mounting platform that is attached by a screw that goes into said "head". This quick release assembly has a non-threaded hole in it because a screw goes through from the top surface through the quick release clamping portion into the "head" (which is in turn attached to the tripod mounting stud). The screw used will be that which was unscrewed to remove the existing camera platform (if possible) that is being replaced with the new quick release assembly If this product was meant to be attached to the tripod directly, it would have a 1/4" or 3/8" (+/- 1/4 to 3/8 adapter bushing) threaded hole! One can of course, tap the existing un-threaded hole to accommodate the tripod stud; but this requires some skill to maintain the hole perpendicular to the horizontal plane of the tripod platform and clamp.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. likely adequate
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes