I recently bought a 60" Panasonic Plasma TV which prompted me to also finally buy my first Blu-Ray player. I needed an HDMI cable &I read on CNet that all HDMI cables perform the same, so I decided cheaper would be better, but that is not the case here. I have other HDMI cables on other devices in my home & all have the same wire diameter, which I assumed was universal for HDMI, but the diameter of this wire is about half of my other HDMI cables & it has a very cheap feel. I tried it on my new Blu-Ray player with Transformers 2. During disc load, there is an entirely black screen right before the transformers logo comes up. During this time, I noticed very tiny white specks popping around my screen. It was a lot like the little hairs & dots you would see in old grainy films. Definitely not a good first impression of Blu-Ray, so I tried an HDMI cable from another device. This time no white specks at all. Just to be sure, I repeated the process with both cables & got the same results. Note: the specks I refer to could only be seen during an all black screen & while I am sure they were still there during the film, it was impossible to spot them during any film sequence. I just swapped this HDMI cable into a cheap DVD player in another room where it will be fine for my needs. Bottom line, this cable works, but I would definitely not recommend if you are looking for 1080p Blu-Ray quality. This may have just been a bad cable, but not going to order again & take the chance.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate to a degree, but pic does not show wire thickness
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Maybe. Blu-Ray image quality was poor, may have been defective cable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. thin cable, very cheap
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
A regular HDMI cable that works as good as the expensive ones.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes