I ordered this after some extensive online research for my company. Its amazing how more efficient a screen of this caliber is when you work as a graphic artist and need to trust your equipment. Its pre-calibrated from the factory and comes with the calibration sheet for sRGB and Adobe RGB, and was a simple plug and play affair, much like you would expect. No fiddling with controls, even if I did to make sure it delivers the goods. Its default brightness is a little bright for my liking, so that was the only thing I turned down to about 42. Tested out photographs on it, and its a very nice tool for this purpose as the grid system works out well in real world applications. the real world units for the overlay grid (great feature) works out to roughly 94 dpi when 1 to 1 ratio to real world. Meaning at 25% magnification you would have 376 dpi working in a 1 to 1 ratio with real world. Or 188 dpi at 50% magnification. when working with layout it just works out better to work within the 1 to 1 ratios. if you are stuck on a 150 dpi project, you will need to work with magnification other than 2/1 ratios. instead of 50% it would be 62%. On a 300 dpi it should be 31% if my math is correct.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Top Notch
The ASUS arrived without any dead pixels and seems to be a great monitor with tons of options for adjustment/calibration. I would recommend this IPS monitor at this price point.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no defects, no dead pixels
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems to be good