I HAVE HAD SEVERAL DIFFERANT COMPUTERS ,,BUT I AM REALLY PLEASED WITH THIS ONE ,,,I CONNECTED AND WAS USING IT IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES ,,I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH ,,IT HAS 1TB HARD DRIVE SPACE ,,MANY EXTRS PORTS AND BUSSES ,,OPERATION IS VERY EASY AND IT RESPONDS EXTREMELY QUICKLY ,,,I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SYSTEM TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST FOR LONG TIME
My ASUS Essentio CM5671-05 arrived as expected and right on time. When I turned it on the first time, it was dead. It wouldn't do anything, but I opened it the case and reseated the RAM and wriggled and jiggled a few wires to make sure the mobo wasn't shorting on a screw or anything, and then it has turned on and booted up without any problem. My first task was to upgrade the Windows 7 Install and I got an error message saying the services, etc, weren't loaded...but they were. I went to Microsoft.com and downloaded the Update Service Fix tool and got it to update without any problems after that. My next task is to install a Blu-Ray drive in the unit, but I am completely befuddled as to how to remove the front part of the case so that I can access the innards. If anyone has an idea as to how to do this, please let me know. The unit performs fine now and is very fast. I am amazed at how much faster it is than my old computer. It arrived still coated in protective film and there were absolutely no case blemishes or anything. There was no dust inside the unit or on the fan blades; it seems perfectly brand new. I do like the media slots at the top of the case and the 10 USB ports. All in all, so far, I am pleased with this purchase.
From the first key stroke, which by the way is practically silent, I knew I was in love with this computer. Each day I discover another amazing feature. For the money, I am extremely pleased. A word of thanks to Overstock and its great group of employees.
- Did the image onsite match the product? The computer met the specs and much more. It is the most exciting PC I have ever owned. Changing to Windows 7 takes some gettin used to, but the tutorials help you work your way through the learning process.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? I received the computer within thee days, connected it, and it performed perfectly.
- How is the quality of the product? As far as quality, on a scale of 1-10, I would rate it a 12.
When my Asus Essentio's motherboard crashed, I searched for a new computer. After seeing the available desktops and the prices, I decided to look for a refurbished Asus Essentio that was the same model etc. of my disabled computer. I found it, the price was right, the optional warranty was perfect. It arrived as promised, the software was the version I had on my original machine. I now had a replacement computer that could be expanded by salvaging the ram and hard drive from my disabled computer. All components are working perfectly and everything is just as I had enjoyed on my old computer. Perfect. when
I have purchased refurbished items in the past without a hitch. I should have known something was wrong when I took it out the box and immediatly heard rattling. I guess it had a "few loose screws". Anyway, all I had was blue sreen errors, one after the other. I tried to update it. I looked for solutions online. Nothing worked. I finally broke down and sent it back. I must say, the return process was flawless. I hope I never have to use it again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was great.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor Poor Poor
Had intermittent problems. Could never stabilize the computer. It might work for 6 hours before an issue - reboot, memory error, dropping the internet, etc. I have bought refurbed devices in the past with no issues. I guess on computers, you might just have to buy the new one. Overstock handled the return very quickly and without questions. Bought a new Acer. It's great! As was the ASUS when it worked. Hope this help you decide what you want to do. The ASUS is a great buy if you get one that is fully functiional without issues.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Was not throughly tested before declaring it to be refurbed.
Don't be afraid to try these products or any offered by "O". Everything is always as described and the service so far has been excellent.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent value for the money