I purchased this item hoping that it was an actual APC battery, given the image used on this site. However, the item I received was a generic, non-APC branded battery. The battery has done the job thus far, I just wish I had known that it wasn't a 100% APC genuine product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image was **NOT* accurate
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product works, so no complaints about quality
The picture and description indicates this is an APC replacement battery from APC. What I got was the correct battery, but from ABC battery company. I know nothing about this company or their product. For all I know when the UPS switches to battery the battery could melt or blow up. Overstock should have mentioned this was not an actual APC battery.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image shows an APC Battery. The actual battery received is from ABC Battery Company
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Seems to be free of defects. Haven't put a load on it yet though.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be ok so far.
(OK, I'll admit it's a little strange to be rating Features and ease of Installation for a battery!) This battery is an exact-fit upgrade to the 12v 7.0 to 7.5AH battery found in many Uninterruptible Power Supplies. The added Amp-Hours allows for a longer running time when the power goes out.