I admit I bought this thing without thinking after my friend had told me it would solve my presentation problems at work. Cool I though, small cheap and looks throw away at the very least. Crazily I found myself using this as a solution to a lot of problems. Family coming over for dinner? Plug in the cameras SD and instant dinner conversation. Not enough TV's in the house when the game is on? Grab the beer bucket and find a blank wall and pull up a chair. I'm literally floored by how advantageous this little unit is. It has a battery, it's doing 720p, and it comes with most of the accessories you're going to need. Surprised me enough to want to share this with you!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just the same, small rectangular box with a pretty quality build.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? I have been using this specific model for around a month and it still works fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 10/10 bright, portable, sleek, and very much a value product
I bought this projector thinking it would be to watch movies on and maybe to a presentation if I needed to. Pros: -There is no input lag or slowdown when watching streaming Hulu through the HDMI cable. -The brightness is pretty watchable in low-lit conditions. -Supports a high resolution. I run my laptop with this connected at its max 1280x768 resolution. -Has an HDMI port -Durable construction -Small size Cons: -The speakers are not very audible. I connect via external speakers to hear anything or I just jack my headphones in the projector -remote control buttons are difficult to push I have only had this for a few weeks but I have been using it to streaming video from Hulu and Netflix. I connect through an HDMI cable that I just leave plugged into the projector. They included a small adapter in the box so you an plug flash drives when you are out on the go. So far, I've only used this feature for pictures. It is pretty portable, the battery life lasts over an hour but I typically leave it plugged in the wall since I only use it around the house, but I'm going camping, I can def see this as an easier alternative than bringing a tv. All and all I'm pretty happy with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The projector is just as it is portrayed on Overstock. I like its small portable size
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? I've had it for approx. 3 weeks now and I there have been no major issues.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I really like the feel of the projector. It has a matte rubberized texture that makes it easy to grip and feels nice to the touch. The keys are easy to navigate, though sometimes it accidently turns on in my laptop bag. I've managed to drop it one time but luckily it still works fine so big ups to them on making it durable.
This projector is exactly what I expected and wanted. I use it to watch television and movies in my bedroom. I like big screens, but I don't like big televisions hanging on the wall. This projector is small and discrete. I have it set up on a dresser in my room and you can't even notice it there. The picture quality is not the best in the daylight (which is fine for me, because I only use it at night.) At night though the picture quality is on par with any television screen.
The main concern I had buying this was brightness, I had never used a pico projector before, I didn't even really know what one was. Turns out to be a pretty powerful unit, and it has enough power and inputs to be used everyday, it works well in every environment I've tried it with, and doesn't disappoint even in harsher lighting conditions. HDMI and VGA are the two inputs I use most often, they're the most common outputs you see on devices these days.
I wasn't expecting a whole lot when I bought this, I was simply going to use it once in a while to play a few videos, since I've owned it I started using it a lot more than I thought I would. The size is excellent, and it fits into my bag quite easily and doesn't add much weight at all. For the money I got it for I would say that this is an excellent purchase that is well worth the money. It has all the features I want (playing media off usb, hdmi, vga, etc) and is plenty powerful for my needs.