I bought two of these, one for my craft room for ribbon spools too large for the snap it ribbon holder (also at Oversock.com) and it works beautifuuly for that. The second I bought to hang smaller handmade quilts and quilted table runners from. It looks lovely on the wall and my quilts are now seen and enjoyed even when not is use! This rack could be used for so many things ... material pieces, textil;e decorating, towel hanger by the home spa or pool , mutiple craft room usages as well as it's original intended purpose for wrapping paper rolls. Use your imagination and enjoy this lovely wrought iron piece!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I needed and asked for, and recieved within a day, the thivkness of the bars in order to know whether I could use this item for ribbon rolls...I think others would like to know this information in the description of the product without having to have an online chat and then waiting for the informaton
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is excellent quality and is a beautiful piece on its own
Great space saver if you have the wall space. Sturdy. The directions were a bit confusing for the wall hanging feature. I kept thinking that I needed to leave the "back leg" off but then realized that the ENTIRE piece needs to be assembled whether or not you will use "stand along" or wall feature. The holes for hanging are on the "back leg."
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Goog
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good & sturdy
This is a great item at a great price. It is difficult to find gift wrap holders that are a high quality, heavy duty product and also looks decorative. This one lets me display several of my professional-sized "cutter" boxes of wrapping paper and I used the bottom rung to hang all my rolls of ribbons. I also liked the option of hanging this vs. standing on the floor. This was easy to assemble too. I've gotten really into decorative gift wraps and ribbons and this makes the task of gift wrapping very easy now.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, heavy product.
I needed a way to organize my wrapping paper. This rack is a lovely addition to my craft room, keeps wrapping paper handy, and is very convenient to use and refill. Assembly was easy. Very happy with this purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Rack is exactly as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality--very attractive and durable.
I was going to buy this product on sale at BJs and it was more expensive there. I love to use it in my hobby room for all my papers. It looks great in the room and it was easy to assemble
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product was better than i expected good quality
I ordered this rack for my craft room since I do gift wrapping for my sewing business. It really looks nice, and holds enough rolls and has a few bars that I hang ribbon and tissue paper from. I don't have room to stand it on the floor, so I have it mounted on the wall which works perfectly for me. The quality is good, and the delivery was quick!
The rack is better than I expected. Very sturdy. My only complaint is that the spindals have dowls at each end that have to be screwed out each time to put the paper or whatever you are putting there. Since you only do this when you run out, it's not so bad. On the good side, it prevents anything from falling. I use it to put my pattern drafting paper as well as material on rolls on it.
This is such a good idea, but the execution is mind boggling. It is difficult to add and remove the wrapping paper from the dowels. In fact, you almost need a second person to help. The dowels need to be unscrewed from the frame and completely removed to add a roll of wrapping paper. Once the paper is on the dowel you then need to attempt to thread the dowel back into the 2 holes on the frame and screw the bolts back onto the end of the dowels. Keeping in mind the roll of paper is covering the majority of the dowel, leaving you very little area to even hold it steady, let alone thread it. That being said, it looks great on the wall. Just be sure to buy large rolls of wrapping paper, so you don't have to refill it too often.
This is perfect for what it is... I hung mine in the laundry room and quickly realized I wanted another one. But I wound up choosing the Burnet Espresso Wall Mount Craft Storage Rack to compliment this one. Very easy to assemble, the product is exactly what you see in the photo. Brown, iron-like finish. Do check the measurements because it is quite large. I was able to assemble and hang it by myself in about 15 minutes.
This product seems like a really good idea....however, there are a couple challenges with the use of this product. The stand can be used either free standing or wall mounted. When mounting on the wall, the bracket used for it to be free standing must stay attached, thus preventing the unit to mount flush to the wall. The unit does not accommodate longer wrapping paper rolls; standard size only. Lastly, hanging wrapping paper is a two-man operation. The end caps of the rods screw-in and make threading the wrapping a bit difficult to do by oneself. The idea is great and the unit will be functional there is simply a bit of room for improvement. Would I recommend it to a friend? I suppose, but I would definitely tell my friend of the unit's short comings.
I've had this product for almost two years now, and I still love it. I prefer to have the rack mounted on the wall, rather than standing on the ground. I did find that when I had it sitting on the ground it tended to "twist" or slide when using the wrapping paper directly from the rack. I've got large rolls (approximately 4 pounds each) of wrapping paper on it, and it has held up very well. The rods screw into each curlicue, which makes the stand very sturdy and unable for the paper to fall out while working. However if you prefer to take your roll off while working with it, you can just set it in the loop as well. I've only used this for wrapping and tissue paper, but I imagine it would look very nice displaying a few quilts as well.