I am currently working on this kit. WOW! Not only do you get a MASSIVE amount of materials, you get it ALL! All you'll need to supply to make the 80 preplanned cards are scissors, glue, foam tape and ink pad. Any crafter has these extra items. And if that is not enough, the amount of 'extras' is staggering. I'll probably get another 20+ cards from the 'leftovers'. Do plan to spend several weeks to complete... but WELL worth the time. I can not wait for the oohs & ahhhs this holiday season. GO FOR IT!
I received this the other day and really wasn't expecting much since I've ordered kits before. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened it. There is enough variety in the papers, embellishments and ribbions to keep a cardmaker happy for weeks. If you can't think of any designs on your own (which is highly unlikely given the choices and variety) they give you excellent suggestions as well. On the whole, an excellent bargain. Once again Overstock has a winner on its hands - which is why I became a Club O member. Excellent products, free shipping, discounts and rewards. Who could ask for more?
I have only made one of these Christmas cards . There are many sheets to create. The quality of the paper to create the cards is sort of thin and you will need to have proper cutting tools to make the cards look special. I make many greeting cards,so this will not be a problem for me. If you purchase this be sure yoou have cutting tools and a circle cutter to get the fnished look on the edges. I am looking forward to creating the many designs available. Sugested to a friend to purchase and I will teach her this for next year. I just wish the paper was thicker. Ruth
This is a great bundle. HOTP product always have superior quality and beautiful designs. They select all the christmas Personal Shopper card and put it in this book. Those cards are easy to make, because it's all printed out in the little book.no need to measure, no guess works, I can make 3-dimentional cards in a flash. There is instruction for every card, I can make at leaset 80 cards from this kit. Great buy!
The kit allows one to follow the directions as given or to develop one's own creativity. I have enjoyed both the artists' ideas and the ability tomake my own without following instructions.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image gave a good representation of the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have no complaints about t the quality he product.
What a mess when I opened the box..Looked like everything was just thrown in the box. A lot of work to make one card. I showed it to a friend who makes great cards. She said return it..What a mess.... But I had already tried to make a couple of the cards. I thought my grand-daughters and myself could make cards with the kit.. The girls looked at it and used the old stuff I had..(ages 11/14). What a waste of my money.. I don't know what to do with it..I guess it is headed for the trash.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? not what I thought I was getting
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not what I thought I was getting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor....... too many pieces and cut here an cut here to make it fit the card. no glue or dots were included.
I'm very pleased with this Card kit! When I first opened the box after delivery, I felt a little overwhelmed since I'm not an experienced card maker. I have done some scrapbooking and made some cards from my supplies but nothing too fancy. After looking at all of the papers and embellishments and thinking about the cards and how to make them, I jumped in and made a card. I was so pleased at the way it turned out that I couldn't wait to make another. It takes me about an hour to make each card but I probably over think things a bit and I'm very careful and yes, slow! You do need some additional supplies to make the cards. I found a paper trimmer to be invaluable but you could use scissors to cut the straight edges. You will need glue sticks or some type of scrapbook glue as well as glue dots and foam tape. You'll also need an exacto knife and a black ink pad. Most crafters have these things but just letting you know in case you don't have them. I've made 5 cards so far and they keep getting better and better. You can follow the instructions to make the cards or modify them in your own creative way. I felt I wanted to stop and write a review because I'm enjoying making these cards for my family so much. I've never bought a card making kit before but this one is super cool! :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image on the site doesn't do the kit justice. There are SO many goodies in this package. The box it was shipped in was quite heavy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate and the reviews were helpful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The paper that you use to construct the graphics part of the cards is a little thin but works up nicely. The cardstock and envelopes are all white and it think it would have been better to offer christmas colors.
Wonderful! I would order this set again when I need more and I would recommend it to a friend as well.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? There is much more than the picture shows!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good! But more than described!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is great! There are enough supplies to make 100 cards and you might even have more left over! The cards are all different and great for the crafty person. They do take a while to make, so don't order the kit too close to Christmas!
My grandkids were so excited to thumb though the paper book...and each of them made a card right then & there! that's a plus for this set. I would highly recommend this for those who love to create their own cards!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image matched
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. super quality
The Ultimate Christmas Card Kit was an excellent purchase. It contains material for 80+ cards. Each card comes with individualized instructions and all you need to complete. I have already made about 20 of these and find them to be easily constructed with a beautiful finish. Everything that you need comes with the kit and I can already see that there will be material left over for additional card making. I am excited to be giving these beautiful cards to friends and family.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
This kit was a lot of fun. Not everything was included to make 88 cards (need different sized cards and 2 sided sponge stickers), but luckily I didn't need all 88. I received many compliments on the cute Christmas cards I sent out this year :)
I purchased this card making kit as a Christmas gift. When it arrived today and I opened the box much to my surprise it contained all these items loose in the plain brown shipping box. There is NO original packaging just a brown shipping box. I do not make craft type cards so I can not tell you if it is of good quality. I am very angry and, at the moment at a loss at how to make this "gift" look like its new.