i would love to rate this gadget as excellent, but it has failed to sufficiently sharpen my blades. I read the directions and followed them, but the end result was that the blade was only moderately sharper - so I tried again , but this time with way more turns and again moderately sharp and for a shorter period of time. Guess I'll resign myself to buying new blades.
I bought other sharpeners before without success, so I wasn't too hopeful about any sharpeners but I needed a sharpener to save money on rotary blades. I already had 60mm blade sharpener by Tri-Sharp which was very hard to use and little result, and hoped it would fit in this unit, it was a gamble. I also have 45mm blade cutter, so I could use what comes with the unit. This really helps sharpening the blades using Tri-Sharp Sharpener. I sharpened 5 old blades plus one for my friend. I am still using the first one of those sharpened, and it is as good as the brand new blade. Turning the sharpener was the problem before, but with this unit, it is a cinch. I turn it 15 times, for each side on coarse and fine side of the sharpener. It must apply the proper pressure while turning, that can't be done by hand-held turns. Don't waste money on other units. This is the best investment. In the worst case, you will get the 45mm blade sharpener which comes with the unit.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It is accurate. It was bigger than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. After sharpening 6 blades, it holds.
At last! I go through rotary blades all the time because I sew a LOT. Aside from running over a straight pin and outright nicking the blade, I have always wanted an easy-to-use blade sharpener that could keep those expensive blades sharper longer. This looks like it will really work. Now to find that box of dull blades that I couldn't bear to throw out...One caution: Read the directions and follow them! Turn the handle in one direction only and make sure to wet the sandpaper disks etc etc
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent