Purchased as a gift and starter set for thread. Very easy to tote to sewing class. Has place for all the thread needed. Very good.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
I have embroidered years ago and loved it. Recently I became interested in doing some embroidery to enhance my sewing. I looked at all the new techniques and options available. On Overstock.com I found exactly what I needed, a starter kit containing a variety of threads with its own carrying case. So often I've misplaced a skein or not having a proper storage place and they are lost in many places. With the compact container having many, many spaces for the embroidery thread has been such a worthwhile investment. My storage case allows me to see the colors I have and takes up very little space. It's easy to take with me wherever I'm going. It stores easily saving space for other things. I am delighted with my purchase as well as solving many problems. Overstock.com is a great place to shop because of the many and varied products they carry. They're prompt in shipping and best of all I can shop on line saving time. You've made a believer of me.
With this purchase I bought the Brother Embroidery machine, did't want to get the machine home and then have to go out and spend a minor fortune on threads to get started. The average spool of Embroidery thread is approx $ - $ per spool! This one comes with I believe 25 spools and a storage container - no brainer!
This method of storing Sulky threads beats putting them in plastic bags and then searching through them for the right color thread which took longer than stitching the embroidry in many cases. However, I could use a larger case as it does not hold the assortment included with the case and my supply. Guess I'll be purchasing an additional case. I should have counted how many Sulky threads I had then would have known I needed a case that holds more than this "Starter Assortment" case. Nevertheless, I like it and am happy I bought it at such a good price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The picture of the starter assortment compared exactly to the product received
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It matched to a "T"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The threads are the same as I buy at JoAnn's
I expected bigger spools. I guess I am not very good at estimating what 250 yards looks like. Should have done more research.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good