I would have sent this back except for the cost of shipping...there was a scratch on table top, gouges out of the legs and the bolt holes for putting it together do not line up. There is NO quality about this unit. I received the wrong hardware packet, called company...they were nice and said would send correct hardware. Only took over a week to receive it from Cal. I'm just one state up from them. The description states the thing is "wood"... deceptive. It is a "paper thin" sheet of wood over particle board. Live and learn. Never again with this company__
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? compared
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? wanted more info
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. there is "No" quality
I found this desk to be exactly what I wanted. I was worried about shipping so far that there would be damage by the time it arrived but it came in great shape. Really well explained instructions on putting this desk together and it went really quickly. If there was any negative at all, I would say that I wish there was another piece of wood above the drawer so that the items in the drawer will not get any dust on them over time. I just laid a piece of fabric over my drawer to prevent this. The shipping was fast and I love the tracking, I knew exactly the day the desk would arrive.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made for the price
it's hard to make desks truly sturdy, and probably impossible without all that weight and wood of an old fashioned desk. this is pretty sturdy, but has a little play. be careful to get the screws really tight. took me two tries to get the screws tight. the finish and the wood top are good and the tilting mechanism is actually really nice. i'm happy with it, and a light desk can be a nice thing.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. could be more sturdy, but not bad
bought for my daughters small aprtment. she is in art school and siad it was very easy to put together - loves it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy, wood is beautiful
This table is a very good product. Easy to put together with all parts numbered. Our 11 year old loves it. The only negative I found was the adjustable pencil ledge. I'm afraid it may break with constant moving. But if it does, it's probably an easy fix to make permanent and non-adjusting. Other customers said it is not sturdy. Not true!! It is very sturdy, as long as you know how to tighten screws properly. All you need is a philips head screw driver. A hex key is supplied. Oh yeah, and don't sit on it...it's not that sturdy! Buy a chair!
I live in a small condo-loft and needed a table where I could do my art work. This table is fabulous! The extension that you can purchase to give it added height made it even better for me (I'm 5'9") when I stand and do my work. It was easy to put together and fits in wonderfully with the space I have.
I was a little worried a little about the sturdiness of this desk before ordering it but so far I've been happy with it. I use the desk for drawing/painting and also sewing. When operating the sewing machine, the desk does move a little bit but nothing that I'm worried about. Drafting surface adjusts up and down easily.