Once I learned how to use these properly with my Big Shot, I've been thrilled to bits with all of the nestability dies. Tips: For intricate dies like these rectangles, always use a chunk of wax paper between the die and the paper, it makes popping the cut-outs a breeze. There is a tiny hole on the back of the die for each and every "well" on the die, using a pick to pop out the tiny bits is easy. Even easier with the wax paper. It took a bit of experimentation to figure out the thickness of shim to use with these super slim dies. I use a metal sheet under the die on tab2 for cutting and a rubber mat on top of the paper on tab1 for embossing. I use the thin-width green painters tape to hold the shim, die, wax paper, and paper in place when I need things lined up exactly. It doesn't effect the cutting of the die, comes off most papers easily [fibrous or thin papers should be tested first, like a mulberry or tissue paper], and stops things from jumping around from static cling. Wiping all the surfaces, including the paper, with a dryer softener sheet also helps negate the static cling. The easiest way to colour inside the die-cut shape is to leave it in the die itself while you chalk, paint or stamp on the center part. That way the edge of the die gives you a very clean line. You can mix-n-match with other nestability dies as well. I like to use the largest rectangle of this set with a scalloped oval inside.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? As depicted.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, but the package size is irrelevant to the size of the product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
Spellbinders are a great deal and Overstock offers a very competitive price. I really like this set for use in making greeting cards. These layer very well with my basic shapes.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a top quality brand.
Purchased this item at a lower price. it was the same as seen on other sites but lower price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great