This is my first serger and at first the threading guide was a little intimidating. But, after watching the video that was supplied (3 times) I was success at threading my serger. I can't believe that a rolled hem on a scarf took only minutes. It would have taken me 3 hours with cramped fingers on my old machine. I love this and cant wait to find more sewing projects.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description on the site was very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. With singer you can't go wrong.
This was my first serger, having never even sewn on one before, so I was very nervous about this purchase. This one had good reviews and a good price and I am not disappointed! It WAS intimidating at first glance! But I took the time to watch the video, which is very helpful, especially for threading (but also a little scary since it sounds complicated). The machine arrived already threaded and I probably could have just started serging immediately, but I mistakenly thought the threads were tangled or "off," so I rethreaded them all following the book. That was actually a good thing because I gained some confidence and got familiar with the machine. The machine does have a few more plastic parts than what I would like, but I assume this is par for the price. It runs wells and is quieter than I expected, so so far so good, I'm pleased with this purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I needed to raplace my serger that had lasted me for dedades. After comparing prices both on line and in stores, I found it to be a good price for a good product. It is easier to use and the DVD is a nice feature to understand how to use the serger.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. singer is such a good name
I have never owned a serger but used several. This is a great little machine. Light, quiet and the DVD makes the threading & tension a breeze to manage. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone who loves to sew & have a nice finished project.. I have been using it daily since I got it ..and I am loving it !!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
Through no fault of Overstorck or Singer, 1st one arrived damaged. As always, exchange was easy. 2nd unit was AWESOME -- arrived threaded & immediately able to use right out of the box. Can't believe I waited this long to get a serger! Amazingly easy to learn. I am in that no man's land where Petite is a little too short and regular is too long. This will pay for itself in no time now that I can easily shorten my pants/skirts & even shirts instead of paying a tailor. Results look very professional. Well worth the money.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
This machine is great love it good bang for your buck.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Comparable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
I balanced the tension and the serger ran exceptionally well. I'm quite pleased.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
I don't know much about this item, except that my wife uses it a lot! She hasn't asked me to fix it once and she loves this thing. Every time I think I might be in the dog house, I just ask " How is the serger? You working on anything new?" And she is non stop about how great it is and what she is working on now. It's the perfect gift.
I was very determined to get this serger up and running once it arrived and after watching the DVD and messing with the tension for a few hours I was good to go. For the price, it's an excellent machine! But give yourself some time to get to know the machine and read the manual... when you have it figured out it will make your life (and sewing projects) easier.
I have used a sewing machine for 20+ years and had never used a serger. I bought this Singer ProFinish Serger based on the positive reviews online. It is just as easy to use as everyone had said! I had a little trouble with it when I took out the factory installed threads and put in my own colors. There was quiet a panic and some frustrations of wonky needle stitches. I rethreaded several times but couldn't solve the problem. No matter what tension setting I used, it was still loose. I knew I had it threaded correctly and began googling for a solution. I found one forum where a woman posted that she had taken a class for using her machine and the instructor had said to floss the threads into the tension wheels. Sure enough, this was my problem! I had not properly inserted/flossed the thread into the tension wheel. It is different from my sewing machine where you just run the thread through and it catches it. Now that I have this bit of information, I have serged several items and changed threads several times with ease. This is a great machine at a great price! I would recommend this serger to anyone looking to buy a quality machine without spending a ton of money.
I was nervous, I'd never owned a serger before, but I'm working on some holiday gifts and knew it was what was needed. The serger came quickly and was ready to go right out of the box. It was pre-threaded and everything. Awesome. Yes, it comes with a video about how to thread it and how to take care of it and make adjustments, but it was so great to just be able to take it out of the box and give it a go right away. Quality products from Singer, quality service from O.co
Purchased as a gift for my wife. She has very few complaints about this machine. One of her main complaints is that one of the needles is somewhat difficult to thread, and, of course, it is the one that most commonly needs to be rethreaded.
I had wanted a server for awhile read the reviews for this one-used it once - it broke with the very first piece of fabric I used-unfortunately Overstock charges fees to returns so I am paying for an item that doesn't even work. Not happy at all.