this is a basic machine w/no frills, but it is heavy duty, & i mean it can sew thru 4-6 layers of denim w/o breaking or even bending needles, this is exactly what i wanted w/o paying an arm & a leg. very reasonable priced! quite a find!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfectly, i have many machines that are computerized, this was not & its exactly what i needed, HEAVY DUTY!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i have a commercial heavy duty machine, but it doesnt have locking stitches, this machine is perfect!
I was looking for a machine with which I could do costume garment construction and another crafts of that sort. I've since completed 2 costume projects with this machine. To be clear: this is a no-frills machine. With its limited number of stitches and the limited number of "fancy" features, the machine itself performs perfectly. It will sew through multiple, thick layers (I did 8 layers of poplin without trouble) but also handles fine fabrics (like silks) without snags. I'm trying to avoid having a machine with electronics - not only is that one more thing that can break and limit the life of your machine, my sewing needs don't really require it. If you're looking to do fancy quilting, this machine probably isn't what you're going for. But if you're looking to sew garments, costumes or other crafts that require nothing more than some zig-zag and straight pastiches, this is your machine. I have no doubt I'll be able to keep this machine and use it for my lifetime.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product was exactly as depicted on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality - product performed exactly as described.
My wife had been wanting a new sewing machine after researching this one see, new this was for her, with a flip of a switch she could change the stick and a drop in bobbin made it all better. My wife has sewn a few things with it and just loves it!!!! I would recommend it to anyone
I love this sewing machine! I have used it for several projects from repairing jeans to making doll clothes. It does exactly what I need it to do. It is portable and can be moved around easily.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? There were not surprises. The image was a picture of what I received.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. I wanted a machine without alot of extras. Just a strong machine for routine usage.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is a metal machine but not too heavy in weight. It works well.
I am very pleased with looks of my new Singer 4411 machine, as well as the ease it is to sew with it. It is simple to thread the bobbin as well as the machine itself. Effortless sewing, which makes me extremely happy. The price was what attracted it to me and I consider it a great deal.
If you are looking for a machine and the best pricing... I shopped this including waiting for sales and coupons... and I got the best deal at OS... of course you can count on the singer name. If you are looking to do upholstery work you will need a commercial machine
I had researched this product via video and reviews. On delivery day, I happened to be helping a friend put together an outfit for a special occasion. When she came to my home, she had the exact machine with her! I was able to use the machine before the delivery man arrived with mine. It was a pleasure to use and lived up to all expectations. I especially enjoy the speed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, looks professional, sturdy.
I do more quilt piecing than clothes sewing. I use two antique Singer ************ machines for my quilt project however I found I also needed a modern machine for knit fabrics, buttonholes, etc. This machine for the cost is a great value and has provided me what I needed! I was also looking for a machine that offered the drop in bobbin - I HATE THE SIDE LOADING BOBBINS! I've used it to finish a top and do some mending! Great machine for a fantastic price!
I have been sewing for 50 years and have used several different makes and models for various types of sewing, from custom wedding dresses to custom drapes and slipcovers. This is the first I have owned that covers it all! From delicate fabrics to heavy decorating fabrics. I love this machine! It is easy lightweight but works like a heavy weight. It does really nice top stitching too! You will enjoy and appreciate this Singer Heavy Duty 4411.
Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent