We purchased this machine going up one model from a friends to ensure good quality. The machine is nice and does a good job, but as our friend mentioned about the lower model, the automatic bobbin threader is a bit hard to use. My 10 year old used to be able to thread her old school machine herself, and now most of the time I have to go up and help get the bobbin threader to catch the needle. Only negative comment, though, it runs well for the price!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great so far
I was looking for a sewing machine and I found this one and it was not a refurbished one but NEW from the factory. I started to unpack it everything was great. It works great. I am trying to find thread and other things to go with it. My wife really loves it. Being made by Singer you know it is going to be good.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than I had hoped for.
I learned to sew in the 90s on a Singer from the 60s, so I trust this brand for quality. I wanted a basic machine to do hems, repairs, and light household projects (such as curtains) in other words I don't need a thousand stitch settings. This fits the bill. The manual and the guides on the machine were clear and winding the bobbin, threading the bobbin, threading the needle, adjusting the tension, and setting the stitch length/width were simple to do and I was able to get sewing quickly.