The Self-healing Rotary Cutting Mat is a nice size for most materials. I enjoy the choice of working on a yellow or a green side based on the color of the material and the lighting in the room. The mat does have a strong odor, but placing it outside on the patio for a few days, washing it, and sparying with Frebreze helped. The self-healing aspect really works, too. The mat came in handy when my granddaughter was creating lettering for a display board for a science fair project. I spread the mat on my dining room table and didn't have to worry about nicks or glue on the table. Cleanup was much easier, too.
I only bought a new one because I left my old one at a relative's in another state. It is very durable and an essential tool for quilters. I use it to make my own "jelly roll" strips and to cut strips for quilt bindings.It takes the work out of cutting and having to keep a ruler from moving while you use a rotary cutter. Much cheaper than other methods of cutting "jelly roll" strips. If you are a quilter, use this mat on top of your cutting mat and you will be pleased with the amount of accurate strips you can turn out in a short period of time, just minutes.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? close but not exactly the right size mat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thick, durable mat
I am very pleased with this cutting board. I wasn't to happy about the color on the web site when I bought it but that seemed to be the only color. Guess I'm just not a yellow person. Boy was I excited when I saw there was a yellow side and a lime green side. I love lime green and think there are other people out there who would like to know one side is green. Maybe have a photo of the two sides. I know I would have made my choice sooner instead of looking longer for a mat that wasn't yellow and having to get it anyway cause that was all I found. By the way thanks for the green side I love it. Thanks,
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Alright but could have been better
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Alright but could have been better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
My art table loves it. The mat has the lines you can follow or freehand cut. The table top is saved from unwanted slice marks and the mat is like new again. This is great for anyone who sews or does crafts.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The items were just like photo
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Item description was accurate.
Absolutely love the size! It was thinner than I expected, but certainly not too thin to do the job. Love the dark on one side, and lighter gray on the other. For the price, you just can't beat this mat! I've already cut out 100 10" squares, and you can't even tell.
When research revealed that these products were VERY expensive, I looked to Overstock. The price was not only fair, but beat every other dealer I saw. I also appreciate the easy to see grid and numbers system which is different on both sides.
I love this mat because it displays the same number measurements on both sides of the mat. (left and right) My old mat only had number markings on one side and I would occasionally cut something that was a half inch or one inch crooked if I wasn't paying great attention.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
This cutting mat offers two sides for cutting at a price that is less that one. So glad I bought it. My old cutting mat was worn out and this dual duty mat is a great purchase. It is easy to use and just the right size for sewing work.