Useful for making triangle squares. Line up the center line with the opposite corners of the square and draw right along the edges for the seamline. Cut apart and press and voila, accurate triangle squares. Three sizes allow you to measure different size squares more accurately. Pencil or marker must touch the bottom of the ruler which drawing or lines will not be accurate. Requires some practice.
I should have read the reviews closer. What I wanted was a longer ruler to cut 1/4 inch seams. This is NOT supposed to be used with a rotary cutter. I assume that it because it is so narrow that you would cut your fingertips off. I now know that you can buy an Add-A-Quarter ruler in 6", 12" and 18" lengths. I'll probably give this to my quilt guild for a door prize. It is useless to me.
This is a must have tool for cutting half square triangles. Makes stitching more accurate for better outcome.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
As a quilter of some dozen years I like them so well I acturally got a set for a new quilter. some people can draw a center line and sew 1/4 inch on either side and do just fine. Not me I need both the center line and the side lines. on anything over a couple of inches. Depending on how big the starting squares you have a rule to fit with in reason. These can also be used in conjection with the Eleanor Burns flying geese rules if you have to make lots of flying geece.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? fairly good although it does not show all 3 sizes you get
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Yes these work well and are made well
I use this for 1/2 Square triangle, paper piecing, and general sewing. It is small, handy to take to quilting class...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The same.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
They took forever to come but I am happy with them and will use them often in my quilting projects.They are great for doing half square triangles.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
Great product - makes marking squares for half-square triangles much easier and much more consistent. I found it much easier to use than a traditional ruler because I was able to hold the ruler marking on the points of the square and mark on either side of the ruler without moving it and seemed to get much more consistency this way.