I was pleased with the quality of the products in the OLFA Rotary Essentials Kit.Since I am now disabled and have more time on my hands, I decided to get back to crafting (quilting and sewing). I had always wanted a cutting mat and rotary tools, so finding these handy tools in one set was a bonus and a good deal, too. The mat did have a strong odor, so I placed it on the patio for a few days and sprayed it with Frebreze, which helped. When I cut paper on the mat with the rotary tool for a Valentine's Day project, the paper did have a tendency to slide, but perhaps fabric won't slip as much. Also, I might have been pressing too hard with the cutter. I'm enjoying the products overall.
My quilting instructor strongly advises us to purchase other products (and she doesn't work for them). They are all very well and thoughtfully made. The only problem I have had is finding the 18mm replacement blades locally--had to order them from Overstock, which with my "O" membership ended up being cheaper than buying locally, The downside is I must keep a larger supply unhand, but that is ok.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very nicely made
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Usual very high quality of OLFA
I was expecting this product to be larger. It works okay for small projects. I have used it for some papercrafts. For larger sewing project, not so great. Also - my rotary cutter mysteriously fell apart one day. I probably could have fixed it, but don't know where the little round part went to. I would recommend buying a different one from a local store - that way you can see exactly what size you need for your project.
I have seen friends use the Olfa rotary cutter before, but I felt that scissors were fine for me. A cutting-intensive project made me rethink this. I shopped the internet and found the best deal on Overstock.com. The shipping costs were reasonable, and the product arrived in 3 days! I love the ease and speed of cutting on the mat with the rotary cutter.
It was my mistake. I thought this kit came with the ruler as others do. I'm just putting it out there so somebody else doesn't go looking for the ruler like I did. I haven't used this yet but I could feel the quality through the plastic. I like that's there are two cutters--regular and small; I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of them. I'll just have to buy the ruler separately. No biggie. I'm happy.
I knew what I wanted and checked other places on the web but Overstock had the best deal. I've enjoyed using this kit very much. All of the elements of the kit are excellent and perform beautifully. I would definitely recommend this product to others who sew.
My new favorite sewing thing :) It works like a charm :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just like the picture shows
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very detailed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. first quality
This is a very nice set and made a nice gift for some who quilts.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
As expected with a rotory cutter, cuts like a breeze through fabrics. Recieved two cutters and mat for less than the cost of a single cutter. No complaints here
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Dead on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I was very impressed with this product It made cutting so much more simple.The difference was so amazing. I had not used a rotary before and now thats all I will use
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes perfectly
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality was excellent