I use my My My-T-Fine solely as a tool to cut cardboard boxes from online retailers into recycling acceptable sizes. My spouse and I are both pretty heavy online shoppers and the number of boxes we had to break down was getting out of hand for the method that we were using-our hands! Then I got so lucky and purchased our first My-T-Fine from a television/online retailer that had them in the clearance pages for a mere $****!!! I wish I would've bought a dozen but I only purchased one at that time. It's been nearly three years since we've been (over) using this tough little guy and his first blades have finally given out so I am here at O to pick up a pair of replacement blades, actually two pair since they come two to a pack. I am hoping that we will get as much use out of the next blades as we did the first and I actually believe that we will. This is a product that is so solidly made that it has easily survived at least two solid drops (that I know of) on the hardwood floors. The rechargeable battery that is built in is another part of this phenomenal little tool, its' charge lasts as long now as it did when we first purchased it--that is amazing! If you don't have one and are considering this, I would highly suggest grabbing one. The price at O seems pretty good, like I said the $**** I paid was a complete fluke, once in a lifetime thing. If our My-T-Fine ever does die we will replace it with an identical tool because it is that good. Reminds me of many years ago when things were actually made to last--the company that make these has a loyal customer in us.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is acurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXTREMELY HIGH QUALITY product that has stood the test of time and is solid like it was built to last!
I bought this to cut thicker chipboard pieces, works great for staright cuts, curves not so much. But glad I invested in these hand 'scissors'
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? dead on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
I did not expect much for the price, but am very surprised at how quickly they recharged, how comfortable they are in my hand and how manageable they are to cut angles. Definitely recommend for someone who loves to sew but hands are not able to cut out for extended periods of time anymore
Fast shipping, no problems with purchase. Would & have recommended to friends sight
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
I cut a lot of fleece. This cutter will cut through the fleece with ease, but you have to have a guide set up or it will not cut straight. So, slightly inconvenient. I would assume that this is also the case with thinner fabric. I have not tried it on anything curvy, but I think it would take some practice to get the kind of control you would need. Would I recommend this to someone? yes, if they cut a lot of fabric and would invest the effort it took to make it work well for them.