I make jewelry and keep finding new uses for this melting pot. You can "bake" Sculpey or Fimo clays in it as well as melting the embossing powders. I also got the mica flakes and this is very cool effect. I have used some silicone molds that are made for fondant in cake decorating and it works great. You have to lightly oil the mold first. Now I have bought some silicone mold making material to make my own molds too. The embossing powder is easy to use but it cools very quickly so it is hard to add a bead or other accent to it and if you put the accent piece in the mold first, the material won't flow around it very well because the accent piece is cooler and the stuff hardens before flowing in. But it being so fast to cool also allows you to do alot of pieces in a short time. I don't know anything about using it for actual embossing. I have had a lot of fun with this. I recommend also the project pan and the sheets that you can lay in the tray for keeping the tray clean for certain projects.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I had been looing for a melting pot for a while now and they are an investment. But the price on overstock especially combined with the low cost of shipping can NOT be beat. I did find a few that may have been cents or a dollar or two less but once you addded shipping they were about $XX. more everywhere else. :Love it, works fantastic, of course.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? EXACT!!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? EXACT!!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. EXCELLANT!!!