I love Mary Engelbriet products and have many of them, but this item is far too difficult and time consuming for the beginning sewer to complete in a few months time. I bought kits for both my daughter and daughter in law, in the hopes that they could learn to make a beautiful keepsake, but they were discouraged with this tree skirt because the instructions are poorly written, and the kit was overwhelming because of the many tiny pieces, beads, and difficult cutouts which need to be sewn individually. Unless you are a very experienced sewer with lots of time on your hands, pass up the opportunity for the standard Mary Engelbreit "cuteness" when purchasing this tree skirt. Chances are you will still be sewing on it until next Christmas unless you are very experienced in hand sewing and crafting. Too difficult a kit for most people!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The items are very small, difficult to sewing, and time consuming to make. The site does not reflect this.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was good, but fails to express that the time necessary to create the product makes it difficult for a beginner to complete.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. average quality.
I'd been looking for a tree skirt for a long time and I missed the days when I'd work with my mom on making felt Christmas ornaments and decorations. This was a perfect find! I love the design and detail of this tree skirt -- it is whimsical and festive. I liked that it came in a kit -- the only thing I needed to purchase was a pair of scissors. There are some negatives, however, as the directions are a bit difficult to follow, though not impossible. I had to measure and cut a slit and hole in the center of the red fabric to form a tree skirt -- it wasn't pre-printed. It was a bit daunting, but forced me to problem solve. I enjoy working on this in my spare time in the evening, while watching television -- it is very relaxing. I love that most of the materials (aside from the needles) were made in the U.S. Yes, you could probably buy a felt appliqued tree skirt ready-made by workers in China, India, or Mexico, but you won't have the intense satisfaction of creating this lovely tree skirt with your own hands...something you can take pride in!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good