This was the embroidery machine I picked when deciding to buy a embroidery machine. It took a small learning curve but my embroidery comes out beautiful each time. I totally enjoy using it and it is very user friendly. Easy downloading to use outside designs on the machine. Honestly I have no negative complaints, doesn't like cheaply made embroidery thread. NOt saying price wise it just doesn't like crud thread. I have some lesser expensive thread that works and some that doesn't. So buy samples before investing $100's into threads to make sure your machine is friendly with it. Other wise sit back and enjoy watching this machine stitch those wonderful pics for you. :)
This machine is from 2005 and is outdated. The Compact Flash card is a dead technology. It's max on this machine is 512mb. I can't imagine why anyone would pay so much for such an outdated machine. I could understand it if you already have Janome CF cards, but there are newer technologies that you can use to get those designs onto your HD. I would buy this if the price reflected the age and technology issues. I think $400 is about right for this machine.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
This is an excellent stand alone embroidery machine. I've had mine for several and it works very well. As for the review that said it was obsolete - that is not the case-she needs to be better educated about her machine. The smaller flash cards are a little harder to find but can sometimes be found on ebay or amazon. The machine can use a card with a larger memory. Learning to use an embroidery machine really doesn't take much time - sewing machine dealers give classes and there is lots of information on the internet about using these machines - yahoo groups about machine embroidery have taught me a lot.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I purchased this machine for embroidery only. Only to discover that the 64 mb compact flash needed to download patterns from my computer are no longer made. I went to seven stores and was told that this disc is obsolete. For me, now, so is this machine for which I spent hard earned money and had high expectations. I can only use the 96 patterns loaded on the machine and they are not at all appropriate for the highly customized craft work I create. Buyer beware.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Unusable