I had felt a little silly purchasing a Hello Kitty machine initially, but after I had done extensive internet research on reviews of this model (both professional and personal) I decided to go with this model. Janome is an excellent maker to begin with, having decades of good and better reviews. At first I had thought of purchasing the Hello Kitty model below this one (the green) but the amount of features available on the 18750 make it well worth the extra money. Shipping was fast, to Canada, and the box arrived with no bumps of marks. Well-packaged from the factory. All components were present and I was delighted to find that the machine had a metal body when I had honestly expected plastic like all the other machines out there. Set-up was non-existent, the manual well-written and illustrated. When running/sewing, the machine hums like a top and is much quieter than I expected. Also, it does not "wander" at high speeds - a definite plus. Speed is easily adjusted and stitches are changed in a snap. I'm also really impressed by the buttonhole stitches - I'll never do them by hand again. I couldn't be more pleased with this machine. I've waited a long time to get a "new to me" machine and I am delighted that I chose this model and delighted that I purchased it from Overstock.com. Fast, safe shipping and no hidden costs or brokerage fees! What a delight! I will definitely recommend this machine and Overstock.com to my friends.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description of product and its features, measurements and components.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent exceeded expectations
I needed a new everyday machine and was pleased to find the Hello Kitty model 18750. I already have an expensive Janome embroidery machine so I was familiar with the brand and the quality of their machines. I was a little worried I was sacrificing utility by indulging my HK fixation but happily that is not the case. I have been sewing for over 40 years and have used many different machines. This one's a keeper: easy to thread and operate without having to refer to the manual all the time, runs quietly, drop in bobbin, and lightweight to carry around. I've made pillows, christmas stockings, tablecloths, etc so far and look forward to using it for many years to come.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. comparable to other machines of the same price
I like portablity of the machine and the fact that my other Janome feet are able to be used with this machine. It is worth the money
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? actual
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like it for what it is. It is a portable machine that is light weight and I can easily transport it from home to classes and it is very adequate for sewing.
I have looked for another machine for over a year. I have 2 granddaughters and wanted one for the girls to sew on also, not my Janome 8200 that is too big for them. I thought this one would be quieter & not shake my table and it does not have the needle down position. I misunderstood the needle up-down to mean that. I worry about fingers getting pierced. This is still a great machine. It has the nice stiches to choose from, has a sews a great stitch and very portable. I did want it that so I would be able to take in our camper and for classes. The 5 year old is a huge Hello Kitty fan. She will probably grow out of it but this will always document the time that she was. Would I buy it again? I guess so because I can not find another Janome that has the needle down feature in this price range.