Bought for my 11 year old to learn and grow with. This is a fine machine! I have a Bernina, and this compares well to that machine. Very smooth sewing, easy threading. While it has Hello Kitty logo, this is not a "kid" machine, as it would serve an adult sewer very well. I expect my daughter will continue with this machine as a grownup. 1 step buttonholer is awesome- this is the feature that sold me on the Hello Kitty machine rather than the comparable plain Janome at similar price. Totally the right decision. My daughter and I love love love it. She is entirely able to fill bobbin, thread machine, thread the needle and clear any rare thread-jams. The design of machine makes possible that she can do by herself. I did need to talk her through instructions getting started, but now she is a pro and has sewn 5 lined shoulder bags and 4 pillows since Christmas!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? A match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
Overstock has always been my number one place to shop for gifts. It is rare when they don't have what I am looking at the price I am looking for. The only reason I would go somewhere else is if it were cheaper, no shipping costs or if it was a local store where I can go purchase it in person and not wait for delivery. My wife is thrilled with her sewing machine and has started to make things for her open market boot to sell. As a Hello Kitty maniac, LOL, she couldn't be happier.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly what I wanted and that's what I got!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was dead on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is high quality, I wouldnt expect anything lee of Janome or Hello Kitty
After having my mom look at this--I purchased online. My mom is quite the guru on sewing and I am just learning, and come to find out Janome is a pioneer in sewing machines and they are well known for high quality. For the first time I was able to sew a straight line and threading this machine is a cinch. I highly recommend this machine to anyone looking for a high quality machine with all the "bells and whistles"....it's easy to learn on and for anyone that has a tough time seeing the tiny details like threading--it's auto threading....AMAZING how easy it is. I give this one 5 stars and wish this would have been around years ago when my grandma had to give up sewing because she couldn't see to thread or adjust the settings-this would've been the perfect machine for her. Knobs are large for anyone with arthritis or young ones just learning. Instructions are easy to follow and even has storage for thread and little items when not in use. ABSOLUTELY worth every penny--this machine flies through thick layers of material with no problems. I used it to make some beautiful christmas presents and am now onto making curtains and bedskirt....can't believe how perfect this machine is. My Mom has a PFAFF and she was super impressed with this beauty.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Online image is exactly what machine looks like on arrival.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I recommend this to anyone that is either a beginner sewing or advanced--good for all ages.
I have been wanting this for a very long time now and ordered it raight when it got back into stock. I received my kitty sewing machine in the mail and was so happy to get it so soon, the box was slightly dented at a corner and has caused the machine's plastic casing to be slightly damaged with some small hinges snapped off, unfortunately... but the machine works fine so I'm not complaining especially when overstock customer service is very prompt and helpful and gave me a refund for the shipping cost because it is a hassle for me to return all the way from Australia. As for the machine, if you are living in a country which doesn't have a standard supply of 120V electricity, you should know and be ready to purchase an additional step down transformer of 240V (Australia voltage) to 110V~120V (American voltage) if not your presser foot speed control would not work and it would constantly go and a SUPER FAST maximum speed which rattled my machine like crazy before i figured it out and bought a transformer. Else than that, i have already sewed 2 skirts and altered a dress and am super happy to explore my kitty machine way more <3
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? a bit dented during shipping but its working fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the casing seems to be more "Plastic" than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good working machine ~
In the past, I've ordered sewing machines online and they were shipped in the original manufacturer box and would arrived soiled. I like to keep my packaging so I was pleased to see the Janome box protected. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find no original packaging and shipped directly in the overstock.com box. The only original packing was the styrofoam frame and it was cracked and made a mess in my living room. Overstock.com did not send a new sewing machine to me. The original box and advertised accessories (Included accessories: Plastic bobbins, buttonhole opener, needle set, buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, zipper foot, screwdriver, darning plate) were missing. I did not try to use the sewing machine so I do not know about the quality of this particular machine . I called at 8am this morning (Saturday) as posted on this website for overstock.com customer service hours. On the weekends they do not open until 9am. Once I contact their customer service I will be returning this sewing machine. It weights 21 lobs according to the ups label so I will have to re-tape and take it to the nearest ups store. This is not how I planned to spend my Saturday morning. Janome makes wonderful sewing machines. As to overstock.com this will be last purchase and I will be canceling my account after this purchase is returned.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Advertised accessories and packing slip were missing.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Janome is a quality product. See below in regards to my comments about overstock.com.
Very, very easy to use and simple to thread. Bobbin winding is utterly painless. Overcast stitches nicely. Straight stitching is steady and even. Taught daughter and granddaughter the basics in a few hours over Christmas holiday. 8 year old was able to make a simple elastic waist skirt, and add decorative stitching to the hem. Excellent basic household machine. Although it certainly is not a "toy" machine, the Hello Kitty graphics make it seem less intimidating and encourages novices to jump right in. Five stars, Great product. Very good price. Warning, if you are ordering as gift -- it arrives in a very attractive red and white corrugated packing box which proclaims in big letters: HELLO KITTY SEWING MACHINE -- so it may not be the surprise you were planning on!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Fine. Added surprise: the back of the machine is bright red. Very jolly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice solid machine.
I don't normally write reviews but since I really enjoyed reading what others said in regards to it ( i figured if it helps someone it was worth it). This is the first sewing machine I own and I was able to teach myself to thread it and to wind the bobbins by reading manual so I love that it's so user friendly! I've already started sewing with it and I'm really loving it so far ( Ive had it for a week).
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Great Image!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'd say % stars.. seems great quality so far.
This is the best machine I have had in years. Everything is easy on it, it is fast, and does everything, including overcast.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excelent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The very best