This machine is ready to use, right out of the box. I sat down with a piece of wool and some alpaca roving and yarn. Inside of 30 minutes, I had an adorable key case. The one recommendation I found helpful is to put a piece of water-soluble stabilizer over the fibers to keep the needles from chewing them up. That gives better control of the process. So if you're ready to play, get one of these right away. You'll wonder why you waited so long. I did not have any trouble with the machine at all. Just sew fast and move the fabric slowly, and you'll be fine.
Be careful when you buy this machine to also order the separate ( about $$$ ) five needle attachment and spare needles from someone as you can't change out a broken needle in this five needle unit. Of course I broke one of the five needles in about ten minutes and then couldn't use the machine. If you sew then there is a slight learning curve about not "feeding" your felt around like you would with fabric in a sewing machine. No big deal, you just have to get used to being very careful with your wool under the needles and not PUSH it while the needles are going in and out. I had to order the separate five needle attachment and extra needles after Googling a supplier and that took a while to ship. So I couldn't use the machine for about a week after it arrived. A new toy and couldn't play with it. But now all is well and the machine is very cool and felts FAT without developing carpal tunnel.. ha ha.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty close except the accessories weren't with it and had to b shipped separately later.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good.
I am very pleased with my Janome felting machine. It has met all my expectations. It enables me to add another dimension to my fiber arts.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was very good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Janome's quality is very good and this product meets their standards.
Love felting on my machine...saves so much time from doing it by hand. It is so simple to use and light weight so can take to a class easily.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
As always, this felting machine came to me swiftly jjust like everything I have orderded from Overstock. I opened the box and was delighted to see that it came with a DVD and an instructional booklet. I started using it the same day that it arrived! I can see that I will be spending many hours creating art work and clothing using this most amazing machine!!
I purchased the needle felting machine after reading the reviews of other buyers. The machine works great. Does exactly what they say it will do. Does needle felting very well. Run the machine fairly fast and move the fabric slower. I really love the guard around the needles. I've done needle felting by hand and have stuck myself with those sharp barbed needles several times. Not fun!!! Take a chance and give this machine a try. I also purchased some roving at the same time, what fun to create some flowers on a cashmere scarf I was given at Christmas.