This Janome DC1050 is probably a 'middle of the line' sewing machine. Fabulous features, quiet, runs like a top, and sews beautifully. All the features I need for my sewing and design business.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Pretty darn good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality? Come on - it's JAPANESE!
I love this sewing machine! I'm a novice sewer, but I wanted a machine I could grow with. This machine was recommended to me by the local sewing shop. When I couldn't find it in a store in town, I bought it here. It's really awesome. My favorite feature is the ability to control the speed of the foot pedal with a sliding button. It makes it less important how much pressure I put on the pedal. I also love the needle "up/down" button so that I don't have to worry about turning the wheel the wrong way. I've only sewed a few things -- bunting pennants for my daughter's 1st birthday and envelope pillow covers -- but I can't wait to do more.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful!
This machine was bought as a gift for a person with limited sewing experience. The person has not stopped sewing since the machine arrived.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what I expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was helpful.
Very easy to use as a novice sewer. The machine is very quiet, easy to follow instructions for bobbin winding. I had an older machine that broke, I thought it was good until I bought this one, wow what a difference, so happy I decided to buy it.
I've had this machine for over a year, and I must admit it was a step up from my old machine. I was drawn to the price and the fact that it was computerized. I didn't use many of the decorative stitches, mostly stuck with straight and zig zag. An OK machine overall. My two biggest gripes are: Sometimes while sewing, the machine would beep 3 times quickly and stop. The foot pedal would suddenly stop working. I tried to trouble shoot in the manual provided but the closest resolution was changing out the needle, which I did quite often, but it never really seemed to help. This became very annoying especially when I was plugging away on a project. Secondly, about 2 weeks ago the thread started bunching up around the bobbin case. I checked the bobbin case and there was a small crack in the plastic, causing the upper thread to catch. I have looked EVERYWHERE online and locally, even emailed Janome to see if I can find a replacement bobbin case, but I have been unable to find one for this model DC1050. It seems that parts are readily available for other Janome models, just not this one. Luckily, one of my friends found an old Singer sewing machine for 25 cents at a local high school rummage sale. I'll be using that until I can find a new bobbin case, otherwise I will have to buy a whole new machine.
I have owned many Janome machines and have ordered them from Overstock before but I was really disappointed in this machine. The needle threader /presser foot assembly was made with plastic not metal like my other machines. The bobbin winder is plastic also, not metal. I wound a bobbin and threaded the machine and started sewing. Because the presser foot assembly is plastic, when I changed feet to a janome 1/4" foot, (not provided), the foot would not lay flat on the sewing bed and therefore I couldn't use it. The machine had a cheap machine sound when it ran it and I ended up returning the machine to Overstock and Overstock was fantastic in handling the return. This Janome simply didn't live up to it's Janome name that I know. However, the stitch quality when running it with the A foot was good. It is a lower priced Janome. The higher priced models would make for a happier seamstress.
I like this sewing machine, very easy to use. haven't had it very long but so far works perfectly.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I love this machine. I used a friend's several times before buying it for myself. Very happy
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is superb