I think this is a nice little machine. It fit my purposes. I've been sewing for a zillion years, so it was pretty easy to understand. I bought this machine as a 2nd machine to have as I'd tried my sister's and thought it sewed really well. I was a little thrown off by the area where the spool of thread sits as it's slanted towards the back which seemed odd (and still does!). I also had a bit of a time getting the bobbin to spin the thread on tight. In the end, I still think the thread should have been tighter on the bobbin, but it worked.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? GREAT. Just the same.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good explanation of the machine, except I was confused by the post where the thread goes. It slants towards the back and I'm used to the thread sitting straight up. I also had a hard time getting the bobbin thread tight, but it still worked.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good quality. I'd be interested in seeing some of the more expensive machine by this brand. I own a Bernina, and I bought this Janome as 2nd machine. I think the larger more expensive Janome's would be quite good and solid.
This is a nice machine, works very well. sews nice. Has enough options for most jobs. I only mend and do craft projects or simple pattern sewing. So this is enough for me right now. I am a senior and my old machine is a Kenmore from 1973, and it started to not work so well anymore, so wanted a new one. It comes with button hole foot, 1/4 foot, has just about everything my old one has except fancy pattern stitching that I rarely used. It does not have a tread cutter, so have to use scissors, and I can deal with that. It would make a nice machine for a beginner, or an old novice like me.
I bought this machine to be used at classes and for my granddaughter to start sewing on. I have a Janome with all the bells and whistles and wanted to be able to use the same bobbins. This machine sews well but is loud. It has a great 1/4 inch foot sew will be great for my quilting but I miss my needle threader, up/down switch and thread cutter. I am planning to attend a 3 day quilting workshop and am thinking of lugging my 29 lb beauty instead of this light weight. It is like comparing a $16,000 SUV to a $46,000 one. They both will get me there, one is just a whole lot nicer.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? basic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems OK
I had found this machine for sale through Amazon.com, and ordered it early in December as a Christmas present for my daughter. Unfortunately, Amazon's vendor somehow went missing, and my order was unfulfilled as of December 15. I placed an order with Overstock.com and got the same machine at the same price - and it arrived in time for Christmas! :) Since that time, I have learned that Overstock.com sells more products than I had realized. I will be a repeat customer!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product was as advertised.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I own a Janome machine, and wanted to find one for my daughter. This had the features I was looking for, and was exactly what I wanted.