This is a nice machine, works very well. sews nice. Has enough options for most jobs. I only mend and do craft projects or simple pattern sewing. So this is enough for me right now. I am a senior and my old machine is a Kenmore from 1973, and it started to not work so well anymore, so wanted a new one. It comes with button hole foot, 1/4 foot, has just about everything my old one has except fancy pattern stitching that I rarely used. It does not have a tread cutter, so have to use scissors, and I can deal with that. It would make a nice machine for a beginner, or an old novice like me.
I bought this machine to be used at classes and for my granddaughter to start sewing on. I have a Janome with all the bells and whistles and wanted to be able to use the same bobbins. This machine sews well but is loud. It has a great 1/4 inch foot sew will be great for my quilting but I miss my needle threader, up/down switch and thread cutter. I am planning to attend a 3 day quilting workshop and am thinking of lugging my 29 lb beauty instead of this light weight. It is like comparing a $16,000 SUV to a $46,000 one. They both will get me there, one is just a whole lot nicer.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? basic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems OK
I think this is a nice little machine. It fit my purposes. I've been sewing for a zillion years, so it was pretty easy to understand. I bought this machine as a 2nd machine to have as I'd tried my sister's and thought it sewed really well. I was a little thrown off by the area where the spool of thread sits as it's slanted towards the back which seemed odd (and still does!). I also had a bit of a time getting the bobbin to spin the thread on tight. In the end, I still think the thread should have been tighter on the bobbin, but it worked.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? GREAT. Just the same.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good explanation of the machine, except I was confused by the post where the thread goes. It slants towards the back and I'm used to the thread sitting straight up. I also had a hard time getting the bobbin thread tight, but it still worked.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good quality. I'd be interested in seeing some of the more expensive machine by this brand. I own a Bernina, and I bought this Janome as 2nd machine. I think the larger more expensive Janome's would be quite good and solid.
I had found this machine for sale through Amazon.com, and ordered it early in December as a Christmas present for my daughter. Unfortunately, Amazon's vendor somehow went missing, and my order was unfulfilled as of December 15. I placed an order with Overstock.com and got the same machine at the same price - and it arrived in time for Christmas! :) Since that time, I have learned that Overstock.com sells more products than I had realized. I will be a repeat customer!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product was as advertised.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I own a Janome machine, and wanted to find one for my daughter. This had the features I was looking for, and was exactly what I wanted.
I bought this machine for my wife, because we had a couple of small jobs pop up where we needed a sewing machine. My mom does these for us, but she's not always available. This machine is perfect for our needs. It's easy to set up, easy operate and it seems well built. We heard good things about the machine and our expectations have been met. It's not a huge, bulky machine, yet it's not flimsy. It has plenty of power. The feed is smooth and very controllable. There's plenty of different stiches, and changing things is a snap. The controls are intuitive. They have a good, well-built feel to them. I doubt we'll get into making dresses and all that stuff. But for doing hems, repairs and small jobs, it's perfect for us. Everybody loves it!