I was expecting more out of a Janome machine than what I got from this one. This is my first Janome, I purchased this product to have a sewing machine for light sewing such as hemming and repairing holes, etc. I previously had owned a Singer for 10 years after purchasing it in the 80s and had problems with it so I barely used it so I didn't want to get another Singer after experiencing problems with the bobbin and other irritating issues. So after hearing about how great the Janome sewing machines are suppose to be I thought I would get this one to use for light sewing such as hemming and repairs.. I guess I should have gotten a more expensive model because I just wasn't impressed with this one at all. I started out sewing fine for the first 10 minutes then the bobbin started tangling up underneath the needle and it went downhill from there. The speed was overall slow and the pressure foot would not lift up very high. I boxed it up and sent it back the next morning. I'm waiting to see if Overstock will reimburse me for the full amount as I received a disappointing email stating if the box had been opened I may not get a full refund. If so, I will never order from Overstock again. How are you to know if you like a product if you don't open the box? Doesn't make any sense to me and a bit unfair in this case.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Disappointment
I have been sewing since I was a child enrolled in 4-H. I have had 4 different sewing machines during my lifetime. ( I am nearly 70 years old). I am happy with the quality of this machine. It is perfect for light projects. I have made curtains for my new home and find it easy to thread and operate. I have no negative comments about it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The product looked exactly like image
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100 % accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I find the quality as expected.
I love Janome machines and I realize this was refurbished but the plate was not put in correctly and the material didn't "grab" so I could not sew with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I could not get it to sew.
I barely used this machine, but while sewing some curtains, it conked out! The fabric was denim. The needle froze mid-fabric, and I could not get the machine to move. Fortuantely I had bought it with money back guarantee. Overstock made good. I am a happy customer.