I would recommend this sewing machine to anyone that needs a basic machine. It does all the things most commonly used for sewing. Works well with heavy fabrics.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is very good
I absolutely love my machine! I have been sewing for quite some years now and I used Janome machines all through school in Home Economics when I was younger and always loved them. Always had a Singer at home and I just couldnt help but think just how much I loved those machines at school so I decided to get one of my own. I am so glad that I did. Serves the purpose well plus some. Nice standard machine with extras. Everything you need for basic sewing, crafts and much more. Definately recommend and Im sure I wont be needing another machine for years to come!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality.. Built well
I have just had the opportunity to use the Janome 2139N Sewing Machine that I bought for my granddaughter. She has been waiting for several months to have someone show her how to use her new machine. I really like the simple instructions for getting started and she seemed to understand them immediately. I first used a Janome machine when I was taking quilting classes in an Adult Education class that was held at the local high school and all the school machines were Janome. I found them very easy to use and understand so that helped me decide on purchasing this one. Most, if not all settings were factory preset at standard settings so even though I reviewed with my granddaughter what the different dials were and what they did, it was reassuring for both of us to not have to change anything right away to be able to do some basic sewing. I'm looking forward to spending more time working with her on the new machine but since I live over 10 hours away our time will be limited. I pointed out how well documented everything was in the Instruction Book, so I think she will be able to move forward on her learning curve with just a little more help. I liked the way the power cord and the foot pedal control cord merged together before connecting to the machine. Other machines require 2 separate plug-ins which always seemed strange to me. This set up makes sense.
I love my new Janome. It is very quiet compared to the While machine that I just replaced. The tension is great. The stitch lengths work great and the button holer is terrific. The only problem was that the light bulb was broken when it arrived so I had to go to joanns and buy a new one. I would definitely recommend this machine.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great
I do alterations in my home. My old machine messed up-took it in to be repaired-but wasn't fixed properly. This new machine runs very smooth.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. No problems at all. Set it up & went to sewing.