I am pretty petite, but also curvy, so although you can adjust height, and width, the hip to neck ratio, and other increments are not easy to adjust. I have not yet used it for constructing a garment, so I hope that it is more convenient than messing with pre-fab patterns. I had to use the very smallest waist size, and the very widest hip size, but if I lose any weight, I'm not sure this will work for me. Does not account for wide shoulders. I will probably have to do some serious modification.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? seemed accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemed easy to break. I was nervous about messing it up when I made adjustments
I love this dressform all except one thing....THE DIALS ARE WRONG! I chose this form because it would meet my size specifications and those of a friend, however it barely meets my specs and may not meet my friends because the actual measurements do not match what the dials say, making the maximum size smaller than advertised. I can remedy this by adding padding, but i am dissapointed that I have to do so. That said, for the price this is a great dress form that is lightweight and being adjustable makes it very convenient.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
If you want something really high quality and durable you're going to have to spend a grand. However, this is decent for the price. It adjusts nicely, though I found the measurements to be just slightly off, so make sure after adjusting you check the measurements. It's pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't say unbreakable. The stand is a bit wobbly, but it wouldn't fall over unless you really pushed it. This is the first dress form I've used that is on the cheaper side, so I can't compare it to the other cheaper brands. For not having the money to spend on the type of dress form used in the fashion industry, I'm happy with this product, it serves it's purpose and I get what I need out of it. Some assembly required but it's fairly quick and easy. Petites are hard to find, and this works.
Petite dress forms are hard to find so I'm glad I found this one. It is worth the price definitely though the stand is shaky and it tips over quite easily. Some assembly required but not a big deal and easy to do. Pins stay in and it is easy to adjust the waist/chest/hip to the right size. Overall, glad I got it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks the same as image on site
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price
I had ordered a dressmaker's form from another company and after waiting for two months, with email after email telling me it was coming in shortly, my order was cancelled. I'm making the wedding dress for my son's fiancee who lives 3000 miles away and needed a dress form to ensure a proper fit. I checked Overstock.com just to see if they had anything (the petite size is hard to find). Not only did they have a dressmaker's form in the petite size I needed but they had the best quality brand at a terrific price. It was exactly as advertised, easy to set up, and easy to adjust to the precise measurements. I'm very happy with this purchase and the customer service I received from Overstock.com.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as depicted
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent, easy to set up and adjust
This is the first dress form I have ever used although I have been a seamstress for a very long time. I needed it to make my daughter's wedding gown. It worked great! It was easily adjustable and was true to measurements. The only problem I had with it was it was a very tight fit putting the dress form on the pole stand at the top of the pole. I would definitely recommend this product. I wish I had gotten one of these sooner.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was exactly the same as the item I received.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was exactly accurate correct.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
I got this a few weeks ago and so far so good. I needed a petite size and after looking and looking decided on this one. I really like the big easy to use dials. I'm not nutty about the thin foam, it is hard to pin into. Also, I will have to add padding to the hips but I think all dress forms need a little tweaking. The stand is fine, not too wobbly. overall its a good addition to my sewing room.
It's hard to find petite dressforms. I bought this a few months ago, and it's held up great! The dressform looks professional, the dials are easy to adjust, and the shape is more correctly "human"-like than another one I bought a long time ago (that didn't really have good shoulders!). If you're designing for a petite woman, I'd highly recommend this.
I got it for my gf for her birthday and she seemed to love it. She's just getting into the textile and fashion industry so i figured an adjustable mannequin that was about her size would suit her well this early on. So far so good, no complaints, a lot of adjusting options, great shipping time/cost.