I have wanted a dress form for years, just to try my hand at designing my own product. The ideas just keep coming. It took about five minutes to take my measurements, adjust the form, and start messing around with fabric. At the end, I tried it on, and guess what? A perfect fit!!! Good product, good price, another perfect buy from Overstock!
If you create garments for others or if your body measurements are changing, I highly recommend this dress form. My other dress forms have adjustment dials on the inside and are difficult to turn. This form, with the dials on the outside must be the top of the line because it's so easy to adjust! It was also very easy to assemble. And the biggest plus is that Overstock had the very best price I could find. This is the fourth dress form I've bought over the years and by far, it's the very best of them all!
I have been very happy with this dress form. It is the first one I have had, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It really helped with my design process, and since I was working on a costume for my daughter it made it easier to figure out little problems and fit issues even when she wasn't home. It is tricky to pick it up without pulling it off the base, and I am still figuring out all of the adjustments, but so far so good. A few weeks after I bought it, I saw the same one on sale at a major fabric store, and the sale price was still much higher than what I had paid here.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very similar
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is my first dress form, so I don't have a base for comparison, but it works. It is adjustable and light, but sturdy enough to hold a heavy costume while I work on it.
I was impressed! I have always wanted a dress form but could not afford one. I had been pricing them for a while now, i felt i had to see one in person. But when i read the other reviews, i figured it i didn't like it I could always return it. I'm so glad i did!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the image on the page
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The discription was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well worth the money
I was looking for a basic, simple dress form and this one fit the need perfectly. While not a master seamstress or tailor, I do like to make my own clothes from time to time and having something that I can prefit the patterns and muslins on will be a major set forward in turning out more professionally constructed items. It was easy to assemble, even for someone with ten thumbs like me.
This is a great addition for people who do their own alterations. I have always pinned and marked alterations while I am wearing the item of clothing which led to getting stuck with pins and lots of adjusting and remeasuring. This dressmaker's form has made alterations and marking so much easier. I have recently lost a lot of weight and had to alter some items of clothing in order to keep them wearable as I continue to lose. This has made this task so much easier! I have wanted one of these for years, but was always put off by the high cost. This was about 50% of the cost of similar items that I have seen in stores and online. The adjustability factor and the great price have made me a happy seamstress! I look forward to adjusting this to an even smaller size soon!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This dressmaker form was easy to set up and seems quite sturdy.
This is a very solid product. Covering well handle pins for some time. Only thing I'm noticing is that it does not do well for measurements that are more straight lined. If you have a curvy figure you're building things for this is great.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great material, should hold up quite well
Sturdier than I thought; good padded, knitted grey covering; dials turned easily; took 5 minutes to assemble; accurate delivery date. I rated this product excellent because the dressform is exactly as advertised. I am very glad I purchased this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image was exactly like received product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I have always wanted one of these. I saw the price was right on this one and took a chance. It is perfect for my usage. I am not mass producing anything. It was so easy to put together, lightweight yet heavy enough to work on with ease and no tipping over.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think it is very good for a novice like myself.
Excellent delivery service. I had it faster than any other site. Love this dress form, have been using it since it arrived.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just like the picture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, easy to use. I put it together in 2 minutes and had it adjusted to my size in less than 10 minutes
This was perfect. I have other dress forms in different sizes and it matches the size I needed exactly as it was described to. The price was also hands down so much less than other stores that carry this too! (even on sale)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I purchased the dress form for my granddaughter and it was shipped directly to her. She was thrilled to receive it. Your service is excellent and I would certainly recommend 'Overstock' to others. However, since I'm not the one using the dress form I don't think I should attempt a review.
This form is very user friendly and I like that it grows and loses with me! It adjusts from the neck all the way down to the bottom of my butt...lower than a lot of dress forms. I like that I can pin right into it as well. It's been a fun new tool that has really boosted my sewing success. Love it.
The dress form appears to be very nice. However, the first one I received was broken possibly due to rough handling while shipping. I had to get a flashlight and look inside it to see what the problem was, and one of the braces that stretch the form to size it had been broken off. I called Overstock and they replaced it immediately! Thank you Overstock. But ... the second one I received had a part that had not been quality inspected by the manufacturer and would not fit in the base. Again I called Overstock and they sent the part right away, no questions asked, no charge and they also paid to have the original dress form sent back to them. Overstock has great service and great pricing, it was just a little disappointing to have to wait for the part when I wanted to use this great product. So, buyer beware and check things out before you throw away that box. Otherwise I am very happy with the dress form.
I believe the description of this adjustable dress form had a range of 37"-46" bust/hip. That (and the price) sounded good to me. My bust/hip measures 42". No problem, I thought, as I began cranking the adjustment dials all around the form. When I achieved the correct measurements I discovered that the above-bust (upper chest) would go no lower than 39" whereas mine measures 38". The upper chest size is an important fitting factor in pattern building. Don't ask me how it could ever actually get down to a 37" bust line if the upper chest can go no lower than a 39". All dress forms need adjusting/padding to suit each individual, but, generally speaking, you can only adjust "up" -- you can't whittle the thing down. I think perhaps the manufacturers of dress forms need to include more body measurements in their product descriptions, including upper chest, below bust, upper hip and SHOULDER SIZE. Shoulder size is a very big deal in the land of fitting (so is shoulder shape). This dress form's shoulders were 3" shy of my shoulder width and the shape was too sloped (I have broad, square shoulders). Adjusting it for this little problem was no easy task (nor was the result perfect), but I bought a leotard, cut the crotch and used it to more or less reshape the shoulders and corral the other padding. Too, center front, center back and side seam locations are important with dress forms. If you have an adjustable one, those are the areas that will end up with a gap (no place to put the pins when draping). The manufacturer suggests taping over the gaps once you've got the size right, but tape (of course) isn't that pin-friendly. All in all, it more or less worked out but I'd hate to have to fit a bridal gown to it or a tailored suit. Given I don't intend to do either, it will suffice and the price was great!