There are many dress forms to choose from. I like My Double Deluxe because it gives you the functionality of more expensive ¾ forms at a fraction of the cost. This is a great form for a novice to intermediate sewer, but the more garments you churn out, you may want higher-quality form. You do get what you pay for. Being able to adjust the form as my weight fluctuates was a key driver for me, but these dials are plastic and dont seem that sturdy. One of the things thats important for me to fit is my sway back. I found adjusting the center back and center front lengths on the form a little difficult. Making the adjustment wasnt so bad, getting it to stay adjusted was troublesome. I had to tape it to make it stay. I wish there were markings to show the various center front and center back lengths. Adjusting the dials is an easy process and the measurements hold once you make the adjustments. I would like to see the scale on the dials resemble more of an actual ruler, but thats a minor quibble. I have not tried the hem marker yet. You can pin on the form, which is nice. Speaking of pins, you may want to glue the pin cushion in place; it pops out sometimes when youre grabbing pins. Ive found that the best way to build the form to your personal shape is to invest in a set of foam pads and a cover. The *** System is awesome and works well with the form. I previously used batting. It works well too, but its messy and takes forever. In summary, this form is very workable. If you want a budget-friendly adjustable form that allows you to fit pants, start here. If your size has been pretty consistent and you can afford to invest more in your form, there are other brands you may want to consider.
I sew dresses and pants and decided I needed a dress form to make things easier at fitting time. I read the reviews and ordered the Dritz "my double deluxe" for the ability to fit pants. The form is adequate for the job and the adjustments for sizing work easily overall. There is very little padding on the form and it did not come with anything to slide onto it to fill the gaps once you make it fit you. I used a yoga top which fit tight and a padded bra on the form which solved the problem. Be aware that the instructions included are MINIMAL and the website is MINIMAL, so you have to figure it out yourself. It is pretty sturdy but I will keep it standing where it won't be bumped around.
First of all, the pant adjustment leg is a wonderful thing to have on a dress form, I was extremely excited of the amount of adjustments, with that being said, I was a little frustrated in how the dress form adjusts. The Dials are extremely hard to turn when you need the fullest waist allowance, I still had to pad because it wouldn't fully open to what the box said, also, when close to the numbers the under & upper bust numbers became larger and larger.. Ladies if you are looking for an upper bust measurement of 32 you won't get it with the size Small, ** If you need an upper bust measurement of 32 , you need to get the smaller size. I thought the 33-41 was the Bust measurement but it is from the Upper Bust Once again I had to Pad out the bust area. to get 38" but the upper bust was at 35. I guess there's no strapless gowns for me. Overall, this is a dress form to be used by me only, I would not recommend it for multiple dress sized girls as you spend allot of time measuring and padding . Just bought a dress and looks lovely on me, but with exact measurements on the dress form, NOT, I would never have bought the dress (because of the rib cage area becomes larger as you add inches to it Hopefully the mother of the bride dress which I start next week will be OK, I have fitted the pattern to the form.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot On to a point, I had another form before and she didn't expand so wide at the rib cage when doing the waist.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. When I adjusted the neck area, one side broke off, but I ussed electrical tape to keep the neck together
The plastic arm for hemming broke the first week. It did form to our needed fit accurately. However, the knobs to adjust the form are tough to turn. Overall it's okay for the money.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? as seen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
It tips when trying to take items off the form. It is hard to remove items because of the finish.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
Mine does not work and has limited function. It will not adjust for your waist length, meaning the distance shoulder to waist and it is not tall enough so hemming is out. I'm 5'6". By the time I got it adjusted to my measurements there were huge gaps between the plastic. so I'd be working with air most of the time. Most dressmakers buy pads and a cover to fix this problem, but I'd have more money in pads than in the dress form. Getting it adjusted was painful, the dials twist when they decide they are not going to turn anymore and are very difficult to move. The middle one would not turn at the beginning, then started to turn, then got stuck again. Several of the adjustment dials would not adust to the full length which appears to be a manufacturer's defect. I'm sad I have to return it, but Overstock, as always, was fair about it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Shown without the adjustments, so when it is adusted, it has large gaps between the plastic pieces.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? More information is needed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely poor quality, the dials are plastic, difficult to turn and may easily break. In addition, there is no length adjustment so you are stuck with form's size. When it's in the position for pants, it does not fit squarely on the stand so it's crooked, so you will not be able to hem pants. Also it does not adjust to my height or fully to the max inches it says it does. It is made of very lightweight flimsy plastic and fabric. The color is pretty.
I had checked several stores and websites and this was a great price with the best shipping on the web. I've purchased several items from Overstock.com and have yet to be disappointed. Thank you!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very good home-sewing dress form. Sturdy but light weight.
Other dress forms didn't have the flexibility to get to the same shape as me, but this one does. i find it a little difficult to tighten the stand up enough so I can pick it up and move it without the top falling off, and the material it is covered with makes it a little tricky to slide things on and off easily, but that may be a bonus if you actually want things to stick to it while you pin it. Overall I'm really glad I got it, I use it often and like the hem attachment, I'd recommend it.
This product description says it has a tall stand and is good for use on gowns. I do bridal and it is not tall enough to check a hem on a short bride. I have to stand it on a box. Not as tipsy as I thought it may be but have not had it long enough to know how it holds up.
Perfect for my needs. Extremely lightweight; NOT for commercial or heavy use requiring frequent adjustments to sizing, although the product will adjust to a range of measurements. The gears are PLASTIC & care is needed to make measurement adjustments. The figure form is ideal for alterations. Perfect for layout placement of swarowski stone & overlay designs. Aids in construction for 4-way stretch fabric fit involving unique cutouts to bodice design. Reviews on how to cover form with batting, your own bra & a snug Tee will improve the smoothness & limit the open space created from adjusting (increasing) form size.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Equal comparison
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described - However had visited a store to see actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Keep in mind the adjustable gears are PLASTIC & not too sturdy for frequent adjustments or multiple use
This dress form has been very helpful to me. I was able to adjust the dimensions to my size and can change it for my two daughters. I am a knitter and hate spending time with quality wool and not getting a perfect fit. Using this dress form really helps me as I progress in my knitting to ensure the fit is accurate.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurately
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
Thanks for the great deal and smooth transaction. Pleasure doing business
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The exact sane
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The exact sane
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
I think it's worth the price. It's been very helpful to me in tailoring my own clothes - much easier than working without the dress form. It costs $15 or so to get a pair of pants hemmed around here, so if all I do is take up the length on my next ten pairs of pants, it pays for itself. It's kind of flimsy. It will tip over if you're not careful, but it's really not bad to work with. I'm enjoying using it very much, and I'm happy I bought it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly like the image.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A little flimsy, but I guess that's what you get for the price.
This is my first dressform. I bought it based on the price and the fact that I can use it for making pants also. I am a professional seamstress. The first jacket that I made with it came out fitting better than any other that I have made, will never go back! I was a little shocked at how light weight the form is, but maybe it has to be because it needs to be flexible?? I love the adjustability of it, although the dials are a little difficult to turn sometimes. I also wish that the stand was taller. You can easily sit in a chair and pin and adjust, but it is a little low for my liking when I am standing. I also wish it swiveled on it's base. But I do know that for what I paid, I cannot be complaining! Good form for the money, haven't had any problems with it so far, but it is not a Wolfe!
- Did the image onsite match the product? I was sent the same product as pictured on the website.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The description of the product was accurate.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of my dressform is good, not excellent, but good.
Well constructed, sturdy enough. Well balanced, easy to assemble. I did not care for the waist stickers. After I set my measurements and used some extra padding for the bust area Helena looks like me (my daughter says is creepy!). The bust is really flat, but you can use a bra and some padding to correct.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? It is perfect for home sewing, no more
I have used this often, and am so glad I got it. I am not a professional, just want my own clothes to fit well and I have altered many pieces since getting this form. If I still sewed my own clothes, it would be sufficient. It takes a bit to get it adjusted correctly, but it's worth the effort and not complicated. For the bust area to match my figure, I used one of my older bras and slipped in some padding to fill out the cup. For the price, this is a great purchase and I think it will last for years.