I was surprised to see how cheaply made this thread holder is when it arrived. I tried to use it for about a week of doing machine embroidery sewing and gave up. I tried using it with cone thread on two different home sewing/embroidery machines that are different brands to get the same results. The center post is so flimsy that it bends toward the sewing machine so much that flaps back at forth and the stand moves around on the sewing table. It also tips over. IMO, it's a waste of money. I ended up getting the all-metal version that "looks" the same but it is sturdy as heck and was only twice what this plastic holder costs at the time of this post, which is just over $5.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
needed this product for my use and it's perfect, I use it for double thread designs
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes