Ordered this larger cutting mat for quilting. Only thing I would change is there is no grid on the back so it is not double sided, however I noticed when trying to cut on my old mat I had to go over the fabric multiple times and on this mat it cuts 1st try all the way through. It is also very nice to have a larger mat when cutting fabric for quilting.
I considered buying a large mat instead of 2 of these smaller mats and I'm very happy with my decision. They are much easier to handle and suit my needs just fine. They are high quality and much cheaper than buying one large mat.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfectly!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I like the mat. What I did not like was the plastic smell. It took about 1 week for it to stop smelling so strongly. As for cutting fabric, it works well. Only issue I have is when cutting dark fabrics, the lines are difficult to see.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
very reasonable price, no issues with it yet. it's not 'self-healing'. itr just has a pretty hard surface and hasn't gotten scratched/cut yet (used about three times). that said, it's quite flexible/bendable. dritz is obviously a big name in sewing/quilting supplies, and i'm very satisfied thus far!