So this is the first time i have used any form of 2 part epoxy and i must say i am thrilled! i have had the chance to compare it to other forms of resin and it may not become *as* hard as others but it in no way is this stuff soft. other resins can come out like glass but EasyCast will always feel like plastic. I don't mind this plastic feel at all and since other resins that cure harder tend to smell so strong you need a chemical mask to use them i will be sticking with the nearly odorless EasyCast. It cured crystal clear! the bubbles were easy to pop and rose to the surface easily. i was worried i wouldn't be able to use it in time (you should only buy what you can use in 6 months of opening or a little longer if unopened) but this is so easy to use i just couldn't stop. i think next time i buy i will be getting at least 2 packs. it has a 1:1 mix ratio so its easier to mix than some other types but be warned if you are off on measurements even by a little it will either not get hard and feel rubbery or will stay sticky so measure well and mix extra well! its a good idea to get plastic measuring cups just for mixing resin in. medicine measuring cups work well. *DO NOT* wear nice clothing when using it and *ALWAYS* wear gloves. its a pain to get off hands and can't be taken out of clothing.
I have found this product to be excellent. Wish it was available in 32 oz size
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good dries clear
The Castin Craft Epoxy arrived within a couple of days. It was well protected in the delivery carton. It was very easy to work with. As long as you follow the instructions you will not have any problems. It is a little thicker than I expected, so did not level itself quickly (Or maybe I was just too impatient!)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The bottles came in a box rather than plastic wrapped.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The descritpiont was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It worked as stated.
Because I know this is the best epoxy out there, However, the delivery man was too lazy to make the trip down our 400' driveway and decided to leave it in a bag hanging off my mailbox. He must have delivered it late because it was not there as of 4 PM. Found it hanging there the next morning and it had been in 10 degree weather all night long. It is not usuable after being exposed to such low temps. I called Overstock to let them know what the delivery person had done. They were very nice, concerned and addressed the issue immediately with the carrier.
I haven't used any other brands of casting resin yet, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'm experimenting with this after watching youtube videos on the best methods. It works great & I have found that you do need to follow the directions or your crafts will be a bit soft. It works & looks just as advertised.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
I got perfect results from the very first use. I was very careful to follow the directions exactly--especially the measuring and mixing--and made a batch of 50+ beautiful charms & pendants the first time. All turned out perfectly. Would recommend without hesitation!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Packaging slightly different
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional