I was hesitant on purchasing a reconditioned machine, but I have had no problems with mine and it looks and works like new. This machine is easy to use and has a lot of great features. I have never sewn before and was very pleased with the simplicty of using this machine. My mother who does have sewing experience said she wants to replace hers with this one! Very happy with my purchase!
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? Great
I have been searching for an embroidery machine for quite some time, but I noticed that they were all very expensive and there was nothing of good quality in my price range. I came across the Brother SE-400 and knew it was exactly what I had been looking for, however I could not find this machine available in the UK. I emailed brother to see if they stocked this machine in the UK and they confirmed that they didn't but that they had another model which is extremely simular (but it cost £750+). I was very hesitant on purchasing the refurbished Brother SE-400 from the states, however after reading all of the wonderful reviews on Overstock, I decided to go ahead with the purchase. The item arrived in approx 7 days, which was well before it's expected delivery date. It was well packaged and on opening, the machine looks like new! The only hint that this machine is re-conditioned is that the bag containing the manual and accessories was a little bit damaged, but I have replaced this with a folder to keep the manuals safe. One of my concerns was that I have heard from friends that they have had to pay extra tax/handling fees when having items imported from the US, however with Overstock, all shipping fees, import fees and tax was included in the shipping and handling fees, so there was no worrying about any extra charges. So far I have only tested the machine (will be spending this weekend practising embroidering) but the machine works like a dream, I have not used a sewing machine for a couple of years, however I found the Brother SE-400 was very easy to set up, the manual talks you through everything and I never knew how much I would appreciate the Auto-threader. If you are considering whether to purchase an Embroidery Machine, I would definitely recommend the Brother Se-400 to all.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantasic*****
Sewing machine is like brand new. The wife absolutely loves it and I could not have found a better deal. I shopped throughout the Internet and retail stores and this was by far the best deal.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was exactly as received.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality' can't tell it is refurbished at all.
The unit arrived 6-8 days after purchasing it. I opened it right away to inspect the contents. The machine itself was in good condition; minor scratches and the owners manual had alot of writing and folded over pages showing heavy use. I noticed that 5 of the main parts were missing from the package and called overstock support. The assured me that they will send out the missing parts ASAP. 5 weeks went by and still no parts... I called again to ask for the parts to be overnighted to me, they said that they would mail them to me but would not be able to send overnight. Another week goes by and a package arrives... Every part but the ones that were missing from the original package were in the new package!!! I have since purchased the missing parts from a brother authorized retailer and have tested the machine. The machine works as stated. UPDATE: Overstock have extended an apology to me with regards the parts issue and have reimbursed me for the cost of the parts that I had to get from another retailer. Because of this I would now put the purchase at a 3 star rating.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Minor scratches on unit. Missing alot of parts
I ordered this machine about a month ago and I have stopped sewing! I have even embroidered some of the items I have sewn and every one is amazed I did that on MY sewing machine. I love the emroidery so much I just downloaded an some new patterns for Christmas. I am a beginning sewer but at this rate and with this machine I'll be an expert soon! I have had two other machines by another maker and neither compares to this one. Why didn't I buy a Brother before?
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact Match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
I was hesitant on buying this because it was a refurb, but the description stated that they would take care of any problem that popped up. I opened the box and found a few pieces missing. So i emailed the warranty company and they sent the missing parts over in no time. I have already used this machine on minor and major projects, and have not had a problem with it. It is a great machine with awesome options
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? What you see is what you get.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Can't even tell it is a Refurb. Great quality, already used it over 30 hours without a glitch.
So far, so good. I am a beginner sewer and wanted the ability to have the option of embroidery, and this was the best price for machine that I wanted. It took a little time and major patients to set it up and learn it all (threading, settings, etc) But once I learned it all I was golden. Ive had it for 5 months now and does everything I want well, and has not broken yet. I am not a heavy sewer, but have done about almost all the functions that it allows. I would recommend this sewing machine to anyone looking for a nice and easy machine that. I cant compare to other machines, but this one seams to be so easy- threading it is easy (numbers on the machine), sewing is easy, pulls it straight and through, and its not huge and bulky!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality!
I had been looking for a sewing machine with some embroidery capabilities for a while. Did research on various models and this Brother model fit my needs for the best price. FYI the SE 400 is the same thing as the LB-6800PRW minus the "Project Runway" affiliation. Save yourself a few bucks and get SE 400. Despite being refurbished, the machine was in pristine condition with all included accessories. That was very pleasing. And a generous set of accessories I might add. Only other things I bought were a larger hoop and side cutter foot. The machine is very easy to use, a far cry from my old metal lunker. The auto threading and cutting functions are snazzy little things that are fun. But I lived without them before. What I really like best is the bobbin. Easy top loading, simple tension adjustment, no more epic snag battles like my old machine. There are more stitch functions than I'll probably ever use, but they're easy to select and the LCD tells me what foot it needs instead of having to refer back to the manual constantly. Very nice. The embroidery never ceases to amaze me. It sews itself! I'm just the nice human who tells it what I want, feeds it the materials, and watches. Seriously awesome.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Superb considering it's refurbished
Not as excited as I was to purchase it. Breaks threads and needles consistently. Keeps pulling the bobbin thread up into the pattern. Not easy to redo missed areas. Always smells like it's burning.. Makes smaller patterns than I had hoped for. Constant problems with smaller spools of thread unwinding, always getting tangled. Very time consuming.. Don't know if all the problems have to do with it being refurbished.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lower quality than expected.
... if the first one hadn't arrived broken. But Overstock quicky took care of the problem and had a replacement delivered in two days! A great combo sewing/embroidery machine at an amazing price. Brother is by far the best in this field, and this machine really has a lot of great featurea!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. First one was defective ... replaced quickly.
I purchased this machine to replace a top line sewing machine that was almost 30 years old. This is a refurbished machine and therefore the price was much lower than normal. I feel that the machine is worth the price I paid for it, but not the normal much higher price. Of course all parts are plastic and seem somewhat fragile which makes me wonder how long it will be before something breaks. The machine runs very well and stitches nicely. There are features I like such as the automatic threader and the instructional touch screen, and some I don't like such as not beable to wind the bobbin in place. However, the only one big disappointment is that there is no walking foot. Overall I like this machine and am pleased with the purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair to good
I love,love my sewing & embroidery machine!!! I use the embroidery all the time the best money I've ever spent for the price you can't beat it! There all kinds of web site to get thread and embroidery designs! I bought brother PED-Basic software with card to add new designs and I can download all kinds of new designs! This machine is awsome! Very simple to use! Buy one you'll love it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
Bought it as a birthday gift for my wife. She absolutely loves it, embroidery function is very powerful. The software that comes with it looks somewhat outdated and it's a trial version only that stops working after a month or so. You have to buy a subscription if you want to keep using it. Overstock.com has good price on it, plus I got a $$% discount as a first time user, great deal!
This is the best sewing machine I've had so far and I'm very pleased with it. I haven't done much embroidery but I love the smooth sewing and the self threading is great as well as the self cutting. Two features I will never be able to go without from now on!
I bought this sewing machine after much research, and decided to buy refurbished due to the cost difference. I have bought many things in the past deemed refurbished, which can simply mean a product's box was opened and than returned. nonetheless i took the gamble and went for it! I am VERY pleased with my decision. NO missing items, everything is in perfect working order, and I absolutely love this machine! it is very user friendly, and makes items look like a million bucks! I HIGHLY recommend this sewing machine to anyone just beginning embroidery, or just sewing for that matter.
I absolutely love this machine! I was missing the button setting foot, but no worries! overstock is refunding $** dollars to buy one, but I will prob use the cash for something else, since hand sewing buttons is so darn easy! I have tested all of the functions except downloads but so far so good! I can embroider my husband's work clothes which will allow him to deduct the cost of his clothes for his business, that will prob pay for the cost of my refurb machine. which by the way, seems to be a brand new machine. I am ecstatically happy with my purchase! plan to make lots of clothes for my grandbabies and even for myself!