This is a great value, I have now sewn slipcovers for all of my living room and dining room furniture. The digital selection of stitches works great, there is a pretty wide selection of stitches. This machine sews with heavy duty thread with ease. The light in the sewing area is a nice feature. Highly recommend.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? All the features are as described, including the self threading mechanism.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This sewing maching works well. Operaes well, No problems winding bobbin, threading the machine and all stiches work well.
This is perfect for someone looking for thier first sewing machine or even a replacement machine. I was a little hesitant to buy one online without seeing it but I am so glad I did. It is so easy to use, all you have to do is follow the numbered steps in the manul to do anything. It was a breeze to set up and simple to understand how to do everything. It is really lightweight, even more so than I expected. It is not to large so it can easily fit in any size table. Even though it says it's refurbished, the only thing used about mine was a small smudge on the back of the machine. This machine works wonderfully and I am so glad that I chose this one. It is simple to use and saves so much time!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Was exactly as I was expecting.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate. It had everything it describes and it works amazingly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This machine runs great and is so easy to use.
Wow I love this sewing machine. It is everything I wanted and the drop feed does make a difference. I do think this is a discontinued item for the Brothers company. I tried to research it and did not find it on their web site. The newer brothers machines have a way to adjust the speed so the pedal never goes faster than you want. This model does not have a adjustment for sewing speed but that wasn't important I got all the bells and whistles I wanted and it is perfect for me. Very tough and sturdy I like the features very much.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I am very pleased with this machine. The price was great even for a reconditioned product. I have been sewing with it every since I opened the box. Everything works well including the needle threader. However, when using the needle threader, make sure the presser foot is down and the thread take - up lever is all the way up. It takes a little getting used to. On the other hand it is worth the time and effort to learn how to use it. I purchased this machine to replace my 25 year old machine, and I am very pleased with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same as picture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Although I am not a fan of plastic machines, this one has made me change my mind.
Although I sewed my wardrobe in high school and have made numerous projects over 45+ years, I have not sewn a stitch in 10 years. But it was time to sew again to complement my other artistic creations and I wanted a machine with a variety of stitches that was not overly expensive. My last machine was a Brother and it was rugged! So when I found the SC6600 computerized Brother, I knew it was the machine for me. It arrived quickly, appears to be brand new, and everything promised was included. I took it out of the box and started sewing...no problems! I also took it to a class with me and recommended it to everyone. Very portable, very easy to operate, and exactly what I felt it would be. Thanks, Overstock!
Very happy. It's a great machine, arrived in perfect condition. Very easy to drop bobbin in and start sewing. I had to watch a youtube to work out the self threader but after that smooth sailing. Not the gutsiest for going through heavier fabrics but gets there, and is quiet. A joy to use, highly recommended at the price and functionality.
I purchased this to replace a manual Brother that I've had for many years. I plan to use it for small quilting projects and didn't think my old Brother could handle the job. The refurbished machine arrived looking brand new, with all accessories, instruction manual, etc. Took a little time for me to figure out how to use the needle threader -- don't know if it is really necessary, can probably thread faster myself. Instructions that came with it are fairly clear. Had no trouble winding the bobbin or trying out a few stitches. I have some denim projects that I haven't tried yet. I think that will be the test (though it is advertised as heavy duty). Machine is light weight and has a decent LCD light over the work surface, but it doesn't through light over the entire surface, so have a lamp handy! The LCD screen for changing stitches is a little dark, too, but it's super convenient in terms of selecting the stitch and knowing which foot to use. I'm looking forward to working on more projects. Happy so far!