Overall, this is a handy tool. The information booklet is a bit outdated, and the methods they suggest for separating the glass is a little tedious and doesn't leave as clean of a line as others I use. However both of those things have little to do with the product itself. As far as scoring the glass goes, this tool makes it incredibly simply. The first time I tried it, I got a perfect score. I would suggest alternating between hot and cold water after scoring to get a better cut though, instead of their tapping process.
This is an inexpensive way to introduce oneself to the recycle, reuse and repurpose projects. I would not recommend this item for professional looking projects however, the quality is just not there for that but a great way to begin practicing bottle cutting techniques.
This item turned out to be flimsy and a poor design. I bought it to cut irregular shaped bottles but it has no way of holding the bottles steady while turning them. The instructions just say " don't slip". There need to be a way to stabilize them so you can get a straight cut going around the corners.
Very poor, cheep light weight plastic construction, unable to support the bottle on the base, it kept moving, could not get enough pressure or grip because of the constant movement. Became a two person operation. Would NOT recommend to anyone. Not worth the money spent.
Thanks! The boys are having a ball with this - they may never pick up those video game controllers again! THANK YOU!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sufficient
Very cheap product. Even the You Tube video had the guy cracking the glass. Returned is as soon as I broke my third bottle. Spend your money on a better product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap
The blade seems to be dull and overall the product feels like it is made cheaply, but it is one of the only standing glass cutters I could find. The instructions on how to put it together are mixed up all over the box and inserts, but it is pretty straightforward.
Worked great. Made some Grey Goose classes :) Would be nice to have an extra cutting wheel included.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed sturdy enough