Perfect for crafting - I love the two fold down side compartments. This product is fragile for shipment - received with a damaged corner (broken plastic) even though the box didn't appear damaged. Overstock.com replaced no problem - quickly and with no fuss. Does not seem fragile now - but I suspect if travelling in snowy weather outside - this could be a heads up.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I got this for my scrapbook stuff. Oh, yes this is nice. The lid opens and there are dividers to place anywhere within the main body to organize your stuff. Then there are these little hinged boxes that fold out on both the right and left. The little boxes have lids on them so your tiny stuff stays in the box when you fold them up and snap them into place. When the Artbin Deluxe Translucent Super Satchel is closed the lid its self will open up to hold art paper or anything large and flat. I filled mine up with stencils, lettering, all those bags of flat pieces for decorating the pages. I have to get another one to put my stamps in and newspaper clipping. This second one I get will give me room to keep ticket stubs, the stickers that went on my sons football helmet for tackles and goal etc. This thing will allow me to begin to put all the awards and other things I might want to make pages out of. Yeah!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? image did not do the product justice. Thinking of taking photos myself and sending to overstock.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. appears to be good quality
I saw a fellow quilter with one of these at a retreat last month and she had it cleverly packed with all sewing materials you would need for a weekend. I looked at JoAnn's for one, and without a 50% off coupon, their price is almost double what I paid at Overstock. The first shipment arrived with a crack in the bottom, and there was a gash in the outside box. Overstock promptly reviewed my claim and sent me a new one. I don't know if this box will be prone to cracks because of the design - if you hit the sharp corner, or drop it suddenly, will it crack? Maybe with age the plastic becomes brittle? I don't know yet, but I love the "design-your-own" configurations to store craft supplies my way and the large size. I would definitely recommend this to quilters, sewers and crafters.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image shows exactly what the product you will receive looks like.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate site description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, might be a design flaw to have such sharp corners on something plastic.