This kit contains everything, and more, than I was expecting! We opened the box as soon as it came and chose a few of the shrinky dinks to color. They are fun and easy to make and the finished product is adorable! I especially like the fact that you can customize them with magnets or chains so that they're functional.
Just like you remember - but the pieces are pre-cut and lined so all the kids have to do is color them in like in a coloring book. No cutting, no wondering 'what to make" - just color the pieces in with the included pencils and bake! I got it for my 13 year old son for Christmas but all the kids had fun with it - age 3 to 21!!! It also included keychains, holders so the pieces could stand up, and pipe cleaners for hanging, which added to the fun.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I remembered these from childhood and thought my kids would enjoy them. The best part is that now you can bake them in a toaster oven (recommended) in 1-3 minutes, so the kids can watch them curl up, shrink, and lay back flat! The kids (ages 7 & 9) are already ready for me to find them another set. Really fun! It might be nice to add to the description that the toaster oven is recommended in case people don't have one.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
The perfect thing for my 6 year old grandson. Not only did we enjoy coloring them, we loved watching them curl up and shrink and then the flattened out in the oven. Perfect activity.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was a good description, I have used shrinky dinks before.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Instructions are very precise. Easy to follow.
I bought a box of Shrinky Dinks for my 4 year old son after telling him how I used to make them when I was a ittle girl. We let him open them early (before Christmas) and he had a blast coloring them and then watching them shrink in the oven. He has played with them every day since making them. He wants more! I have only been able to find them online and Overstock's prices couldn't be beat.
I ordered these as a Christmas gift for my son because I remebered loving shrinky dinks when I was a kid- I was pleased to see they are still the same except cooler shapes and pictures- I am looking forward to doing them with him- I also ordered a set for my neice who loves crafts but can not use scissors- the shape are pre cut which is nice for smaller kids or kids with special needs.