this is a beautiful dress. it does run a little large in the bodice, but if it is too large a seamstress good help. it would be worth it. I will probably take mine in a little. I do not think this is such a big deal for the style and unique colors. It's a keeper.
Being busty, it is with caution that I buy dresses online. This dress is lovely and almost perfect for me, but it has the most awkward top. It's HUGE! I need to have it taken in about 2 inches at the shoulders because when I sit, the whole top kind of lifts and poofs up--which looks ridiculous--and I have an ample bust! WORSE, I have very slender arms, but this dress has the tiniest armholes ever. I'm a teacher, which means I need to be able to write on the board, but this strange mixture of too much and not enough makes it so I can't write higher than my shoulder on the board. AWKWARD! I can't figure out what body type it was made for. Unfortunately, I tore off the tags, washed and wore it before I figured out all the glitches. Now I'm off to the seamstress. Bummer.
OK, I did read the reviews first. Normally I wear a size 10 and sometimes a size 12 if the garment is sized small . I decided to order a size 14 because so many reviewers said the sizing was so off. Since I am a good seamstress, I figured I could take in the garment where it was needed. I could not even zip up the 14! Like I said, I read the reviews...I just didn't LISTEN to them! Garment returned...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? TRUE TO THE PICTURE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. THE QUALITY WAS THERE, BUT THE FIT WAS TERRIBLE!
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was WAY off.
I cannot recommend this item to anyone who wears anything above a B cup bra size. The top is not a solid piece, as it appears in the photo. The top is open in front and held closed by, literally, a string, which could easily pop, revealing your entire chest. I had to return it ... can't take the chance of having that kind of wardrope malfunction, especially at work, where I had intended to wear it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is OK. It is thin, but lined.
- How accurate was the sizing? Size is about right.
I really like this dress, but I will have to return it because it is very small for a 16. It seems more like a 14 and I am afraid the 18 will be too big in the bust as this one fits me very well in that area but too small around the rib cage.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are just like you see on the web.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Poor - this garment runs very small.
I purchased this dress along with several others as I could not decide which one I liked for an upcoming wedding. When I received all the dresses, not one fit,. This one did fit the best, however, I don't believe it was very accurate to a size 16. It is extremely small. I will keep it as I am currently in a weight loss program and will look forward to wearing it in the fall.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nicely made
- How accurate was the sizing? Not very accurate
I really liked this dress but it didn't fit. I ordered another one by the same maker in the same size (18) and it fit perfectly. Very interesting as it is a very similar style, just different fabrication. I am a curvy standard size 14/16 but sized up in this hoping for a fit but no such luck. If you're a little taller and leaner then this is the dress for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty nice
- How accurate was the sizing? okay