The big difference, in my experience, is not only that I did NOT find the listed size one size smaller (as did other customers), but that it was accurately sized by the manufacturer. To be specific, my correct glove size is 7 1/2. However, because so many reviewers wrote in that the glove ran small, Based on that, I ordered an 8. Many reviewers wrote that the glove was tight. I am assuming they meant tight in the circumference of the fingers and the palm of the hand. I have a lot of experience buying gloves as a customer of the glove bar at Saks Fifth Avenue in the 1960's when shopping with my grandmother and mother. They, along with the saleswoman taught me how to properly try on leather cashmere lined gloves--you plant your elbow with your wrist standing straight up and slowly work each finger up towards the webbing of the fingers. It's fully on when the cloth is fully seated in the finger webbing. The leather will stretch in the circumference-it takes a few wearings. IF the fingertips bend over the top, IT IS TOO BIG. If the middle between the fingers won't seat in your finger webbing, IT IS TOO SMALL. It will only stretch in the side to side direction, the length will not stretch. Therefore, I should have ordered a 7 1/2 (although they were out of stock of that size). If you are finding the glove too small in the circumference of the fingers, but OK in the length- it probably is the right size. Make sure you are putting it on correctly, and give it a chance to stretch. This advice only applies to real, quality leather gloves. ******
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good (orange)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
- How accurate was the sizing? I felt the sizing was acccurate as listed, but my experience was the opposite of other reviewers.
The orange leather gloves are absolutely beautiful; very, very soft. The only problem is that they run a bit small. I ordered the ladies 6 1/2 for my daughter because her hands are super tiny, but they are too tight. I'm very surprised that she will require a medium. Otherwise, the gloves are gorgeous!
Sized perfect - glad I didn't size up. Measured around widest part of my hand and bought that size. If I had sized up, fingers and thumb would have been too long. Color is nice (bought orange) and wasn't disappointed. Nice burnt orange color. Wish they had black or brown in my size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
I was looking for a Kentucky blue color. These were a little more purple than they looked on my monitor, but still work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was a little more purple than I expected. I was looking for more blue.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the gloves are really nice. They fit well and are soft.
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing was accurate
neither the description nor picture specifed length - they are shorter than expected; they are wrist length i wanted a little longer
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
Buy one size up as these gloves run small. But, they are lovely. The leather is soft on the outside and the lining is soft on the inside.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the sizing? These gloves run small
I love these gloves. First I got the blue ones, which were very nice, in a size too big and since I had to return them anyway I decided to get the orange ones instead because it matched my coat better. The size issue isn't o.co's fault, I just had never bought gloves with this sizing before and was inexperienced. They are so amazingly soft on the outside, I've had all my friends feel them and they are quite impressed. The inside is okay, not impressive but not scratchy or anything either. I've only had them one season, so I can't yet review on the durability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
I bought the lavender gloves in size 8. I usually wear a 7.5 because I have long fingers and finding gloves that fit is a challenge. But because other reviewers indicated that these ran small, I sized up. The leather on these gloves is exceptionally soft and the lining very cozy. They were tight when I first put them on--but they stretched to fit my hands perfectly. The color was exactly as pictured. I've gotten compliments on them too.
I was very excited to find these gloves because I have been looking for a nice pair of colored leather gloves for some time. I ordered the blue because I thought that they would go nicely with my black coat. I ended up ordering a half size larger (8) than my normal size (7.5) because the product description said that they ran small and other reviews confirmed this. When the gloves arrived, they indeed fit, but the thumbs were about an inch too long. I had others try them on and the thumbs were still too long. While they are a nice, soft leather and seem to be made well, the finger sizing is disproportionate. I ended up having to return them :(
The leather on this item is great - soft and good color. The inside is also nice and toasty. The only complaint I have is after awhile the stitching at the bottom of the glove unravels...so that was annoying. However, it still did it's job and my coat sleeves usually cover that.
After reading other reviews I decided to go up an additional size since there were complaints and returns because the gloves were too small. I consider myself a size 'small'. I'm petite, and I wear a size 4 in rings (on my ring finger). I opted for the Medium, and it's just a tad tight. I choose the Blue gloves and they are beautiful. They discolored when they got wet, for instance - just walking from home to car in the snow, but returned to normal color after drying. Very happy with my purchase. My next step will be to water treat the leather.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great Blue Color
I ordered one pair and returned them for a bigger size. The next pair fit fine through the fingers and hand, but the thumbs were about a 1/2 inch too long. I'm going to return them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the leather was beautiful, but poor craftmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? not accurate
Soft Italian leather with intense color and a soft cashmere interior. A good buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? intense color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine quality
- How accurate was the sizing? run a little small
Gloves are very well made. Color is a little less vibrant than on web site and gloves run a bit small.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the sizing? A little small
These gloves were a gift and the recipient tells me the fit is perfect... great for driving, with jeans, with dress up. After several usings the fit is still good, no stretching
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality... nice fit... keep their shape...
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on
I have black Portolano and was very pleased by the quality. Ordered the orange and black long now and am very satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Portolano are the best
- How accurate was the sizing? just right