Let me say every time I buy winter coat I am always frustrated because of my petite body the sleeves are always too long or the fit bothers me. This time I just tried the coat on and it was magical okay magical. This coat in a small size is perfect for me I am about 5' feet tall. So this is perfect and stylish in every way it's money well spent....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This coat is beautiful all around and sturdy great for the winter
- How accurate was the sizing? The first time a coat fits me so well since I am petite the small was perfect
I got this jacket this week and I'm really happy with it. The more I look at it and try it on, the more I'm liking it. It's got more style than the average black jacket and loving the pleats in the back. I originally ordered one size up based on the other reviews, but had to reorder my regular size. I think the sizing depends on how you like to wear the jacket. I like my jackets fitted (and I don't plan on wearing any bulky sweaters). My normal size would accomodate knit turtlenecks. Going a size up would be for those who wish to wear the heavier sweaters or those with larger chest/hips. I'm pretty small in both areas so my normal size was perfect. Bring on the cold weather! PS. O.com customer service was awesome with the return of the larger size jacket!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice heavy wool
- How accurate was the sizing? good
This is a very cute coat. It is trendy so don't know if it will be good for more than a year or two but for what I paid, that's ok. It is made well as far as I can tell but I haven't actually used it yet. A size 6 is as large as I ever go in a jacket and that's what this one is. I weight about 125 lbs. and am proportional. The sleeves are very long but I am only 5' 3". IIt could still accomodate a sweater underneath comfortably as long as it wasn't real heavey. I prefer my coats to be more fitted, rather than to accomodate thick layers underneath and this size fits the bill. My only complaint is that it's kind of biker looking in front and preppy and/or dressy in the back (due to the pleats). Almost like it has a dual personalitiy. Kind of unusual. It's a slimming style. It will be sufficient for colder fall days but not the dead of winter, at least not in Michigan!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems very fine.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fairly accuarate compared to coats I've purchased in general
I was looking for a go to jacket that I could wear day or night, a coat that was not the run of the mill basic boring coat that had no style so when I saw this jacket, my prayers were answered! The jacket is very stylish. It kind of reminds me of a pea coat, with a little motto blended together becasue of the fit. The length is perfect, not to short not too long and covers what's needed. The motto size zip, gives the coat a sassy, classy timeless look and the pleated back is a very nice touch. The jacket is a true fit so I would recommend.
I am very pleased with this jacket. It is well made (lining has piped seams, buttons are securely sewn on, wool is quality, etc). It is quite warm, and worn with layers would do very well for a dressier coat all winter long in this mid-south climate. I normally wear a 10, but I am a fairly ample busted woman. I ordered a 12, based on the reviews here, and am glad I did. It is fitted fairly closely in the waist and bust, and if I had ordered a size down, I would not have been able to comfortably wear anything but a thin blouse underneath. Even at this size I don't plan on wearing anything super bulky with it. Overall I'm very pleased with this unusual but functional design!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High end quality
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size, without a lot of extra room
Very well made, beautiful, stylish product. Great fit, great look. Very light, perfect for California "winter" weather
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? absolute match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect fit
I received the coat today, my husband asked for it as a gift. Its super cool, I thought it was going to make me look bigger but not, it slims you. Its a little bit tight on me but I wont change it becuase Im loosing weight so in two months I think will be perfect. Its not so thick but still perfect for California weather. Overstock also send me another item and the quality is perfect. I love them.
Love this coat. Found it first at a local discount store, but they didn't have my size...went to Overstock and BINGO they had it! Very pleased with purchase. This coat is not 100% wool so it's a little thinner than I would have preferred, however it's all about looking good - and this coat does just that!
I am very pleased with this coat. It's quite warm and the lining is adorable. (And yeah, I know that part of the coat isn't exactly visible when you're wearing it, but stil... it's cute.) It's convenient that the coat zips with decorative buttons as opposed to working buttons that take time to button and unbutton every time you leave or come inside. However, the zipper is a little awkward. It took me a little time to get the hang of zipping it. I think it's just at a little bit of an awkward angle maybe. But this doesn't really affect the function of the coat and doesn't affect its appearance at all, just something to be aware of. Overall, I'm quite satisfied and would recommend. I feel like I've finally found a coat that's "basic black" without being boring and/or looking like every other black coat out there.
This coat is everything I was looking for and more. I'm 5'9" and 127 pounds. I have never liked coats, or any clothing for that matter that sits above the waist. In fact, I'm returning 2 coats that sit above because I think it chops me off in the wrong place......almost an awkward Pee Wee Herman look, for my body type at least. This sits on the waist and also makes your waist appear smaller than it is. The tailoring is unique which is perfect for me as I didn't want a run-of-the-mill peacoat. You can zip this jacket all the way up to the neck and then wrap a pashmina style scarf (I chose crimson) around the top - very striking style. Of the 3 coats I ordered, this one fits perfectly, more than adequate length in the sleeves as I have long arms and the body length is perfect as I also have long legs. Additionally, the coat is not binding across the chest or shoulders which makes it quite comfortable to wear. An added plus is the pleating around the bottom which gives the coat a very feminine, flirty appeal. There are large holes in the zipper pull itself and I'm thinking of personalizing the coat even more by adding a charm on each. You won't regret purchasing this coat.....I think it's a winner for my body type......and may be for yours.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This jacket is tailored for a perfect fit and accentuates your waist - the wool is a perfect weight and the styling unusual for a pea coat
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
This coat is very cute in person. However if you are a petite person with a large chest don't bother. This coat will drown you. Too much fabric not fitted enough.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality coat; Very cute lining!
- How accurate was the sizing? Way too big
got alot of compliments, even my husband comment how nice it is. it is sharp and really fit well. The only thing i wish it has pocket that is useful and one can put their hands in. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, other wise very happy with this buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to cotor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the sizing? exactly like it is
I was mailed the wrong coat. Having difficulties receiving my refund from Overstock. Save yourself time and go to a store to buy a coat. Poor service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair.
- How accurate was the sizing? Small.
Very high quality and good fit! I highy recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality wool coat (Via Spiga!)
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate. I wear a size 4, which means a size 6 in coats, and this is just riight.
This jacket is exactly what I needed for a CA winter. It's warm wool, but not too bulky. Perfect and more dressy than a plain button-down coat. And as previously stated, the lining is cute.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fantastic quality, as one would expect from Via Spiga
- How accurate was the sizing? true to size
i read the reviews, i never had bought clothing from overstock, only sheets and comforters.but i loved the coat and the price you could not beat. a beautiful, well made coat.i will get alot of wear this winter with jeans and dresses. i would not hesitate to buy another coat from overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellant
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
It was exactly the type of jacket that I was looking floor. I am very please with it. I will definitely look for other products on O.com and will be sure to order from them again. I am very pleased with the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on site was a perfect representation of the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the price.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is accurate.
I really liked the jacket and hoped it was exactly as it was pictured. It was shipped quickly and packaged perfectly. Very slimming, and very comfortable, not bulky at all. Perfect for cooler weather, but not heavy enough for really cold winters which here in San Diego we don't have!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality very good, impressed with the jacket for the money
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect