I bought this with the intention of wearing it with some of my bulkier sweaters in frigid NYC & Paris winter weather and it has worked out perfectly! Yes, there is a bit of a warehouse type smell when you first get it, but after a bit of Febreeze and packing it with dryer sheets the smell is gone.
This is a nice, serviceable, every day coat. The fabric is neither as soft nor as thick as I might have liked. However, it is amply cut, allowing for layering underneath. I usually buy a medium but I read the other reviews and bought a small and it is plenty big. Trying to buy a winter coat in the winter (what a thought!) is remarkably hard. I am satisfied with this purchase.
First of all, as mentioned by previous purchasers, this item is at least one size larger than the stated sizes. I exchanged mine for a large and I will be able to put a sweater underneath so that's good. The color was great, all I wanted was red. The quality was excellent for this price, if you want a full wool heavy duffle coat you are going to pay between $600 to $900 US for the real thing. The duffle coats of old in the 1950s were pure wool, heavy, horrible when wet, unlined and shapeless. They were part of my winter school uniform in the UK. Duffle coats are not a fashion item per se. I like that it has a vent at the back so that when you sit in the car or anywhere it doesn't form a booty bulge. For $** I think it's a great addition to my wardrobe for walking my puppies and LOVE THAT RED!
This coat was well worth the price. It is a light casual winter coat, good for everyday. It has a boxy "stadium coat" fit. However, it was very large. Most reviews warned that it ran large, but I generally wear an xl/ size 16 with broad shoulders, so I was hesitant about going down a size. I am 5'8" and the sleeves were long, very unusual for me. I will try the large if available.
I'm going to give this coat away to a homeless shelter. I wore it once and won't wear it again. I live in Cleveland with extreme winters and this coat would never make it here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was navy like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very inferior quality. There was no weight to the coat. I thought it would be much heavier. And I thought the hood would have been detachable.
- How accurate was the sizing? Coat was much larger than the size I normally wear.
I returned this. It was very big on me, shapeless and the buttons seemed inexpensive for the coat. I did not like the way the collar and hood laid. I would say it is just an ok coat without any interesting shaping or defined style. Might be good if you need to wear a very heavy sweater under it but even the slleves were baggy and started low under the arms.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color of picture/
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed to be good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered a small and it was very big on me. I'm 5'4" and slender.
I love the coat exactly what I was looking for, but I don't know how I ordered 2 coats! I am keeping one and returning the other....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lighter winter coat fully lined well made
- How accurate was the sizing? true
My only disappointment was the fact that your write up stated the hood was removable but in fact it is sewn right onto the coat. I usually dislike hoods on anything but in this case I like the coat enough to ignore that fact. Other than that fact, I am very pleased with the color of the coat, the weight of the coat and the warmth of the coat and I would definitely recommend it to otheres.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Almost exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. he coat is very warm and yet extremely light weight which I was very happy with.
- How accurate was the sizing? Your sizing chart was off. I ordered an XL (according to the chart) and it was too big and I had to re-order a L which was plenty big.
What can I say ~ O/S is the place to shop! Keep doing what you are doing O/S. For me the price is what shopping is all about and esp. since our economy has been in the slumber for so many years and not changing anytime soon that's for sure. THANKS!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? SAME
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not a bulky coat
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate ~ does run big, I'm usually a med so got the small.
Very warm, comfortable walking coat- not long enough for the symphony, but nice in moderate cold.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was true to the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizes run at least one size larger (a medium fits like a large)
It's a nice coat overall. Nice crimson red, light weight, warm, and comfortable. I bought size 8, but it feels larger than the size 8 I normally buy. The only bad thing is the nasty smell that I can't get rid of. It's a little better after a whole day in the yard / wind and being sprayed with fabric freshener, but the smell is still there. Only worn it once in the car and had to kept the windows open. It's made in Mexico.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the picture is true to the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is so-so.
- How accurate was the sizing? Larger than expected (8).
There was a dry white substance (milk??) on the coat in several places. The stitching appeared to be coming undone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Nice color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was lacking. I was very disappointed.
- How accurate was the sizing? I wear a small. That's the size I ordered. It was huge.