This coat was advertised as a "Spanish Shearling" meaning it's Sheepskin from the cooler spanish location - which should be warmer than sheep raised in warmer climates... However, the tag on the item itself said "100% AMERICAN Shearling" which indicates that the sheep could have been raised in Florida or California where it doesn't get as cold and therefore the coat itself would not be as warm. I returned it. I think it would be a good coat for many climates but it may not be as warm as it was advertised to be. The arms were tight too.
The feel of the coat is luxurious. The whip stitch detailing adds sophistication with the fur collar and cuffs, it goes from casual to dressy. Dressier than any other sherling coat I've seen. I bought an extra large based on the reviews that said the sizes ran small and that that equated to a size 12. It is a tad wide across the shoulders where the sleeves attach, but fits me through the hips. I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to wearing it when the cool weather returns.
This is truly the best coat that I ever owned in my life...it is very very high class, soft, stylish, amazingly warm and very lightweight material...I am size 8 and I ordered in size M and fit is right on the spot...I love the long hair shearling on the collar and cuffs and horizantal hand sticth lacing...Bottom line for the money the luxury does not get any better than that...I highly recommend it over and over again.....
Purchased based on my previous experience with Aston. This is not that quality. I feel these coats are second quality. The tanning is inferior. I have worn shearling before. This time, my arms and neck were COVERED with red marks. I could not stop itching. As far as sizing, I am a size 6, I bought the large, it fit properly. I would not recommend this coat.
Wonderful quality and soft feel, very warm but I had to send it back as it arrived in the wrong color. I could have gone down one size to a Large but it was a mute point since the color was wrong.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was sent the wrong color, asked for gold, received brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful but the coat was the wrong color so I sent it back.
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered the XL because of reviews on how the size ran small, but I am a true size 12 and I could have ordered the Large.
I have been shopping for a Shearling for years and this was the absolute perfect coat. Amazing quality, great quality and fit. Perfect car coat length.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is exact as appears on site - dark brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is amazing.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was accurate
Very nice coat with warm sheared shearling lining. The coat does have longer than average sleeves. I called Aston to ask about sizing, and they said the coats with toscana trim usually hit around the knuckles on the hand. I found the shoulders to be a little big,too, so I may have the sleeves taken up at the shoulder by a local fur salon tailor. But I needed this size to accommodate for hips. I really like the coat and am keeping it. Full price Aston coats go for $1,000-$2,000. Keep in mind that the shearling fur is on the inside and one needs to consider this. It is essentially the sheep inside out - skin outside, fur inside. Very warm and yummy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? average. Arms (sleeves) run a little narrow. I tried two sizes, but the smaller size was too narrow in the arm.
Beautiful coat! Warm, not heavy, fits perfect! Love the shape! Can't beat this coat for style and warmth!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exceptional
- How accurate was the sizing? True
I ordered this on the 10th of December saw the shipping tracking number and waited. Nothing happen, this package was missing. I contacted a wonderful, positive overstock rep who told me she would do her best. That night the Christmas present was on its way, it arrived at my home the next day. Thank you for saving my holiday! Thank you overstock.com for such quick help!!!