I am 5'4" and wear a size 16. This dress was cute and the quality was average. However, it was cut for a person a few inches taller than me. The waist is long so the a-line begins much too low on the hips. I will be returning this item. (Also don't remember having to pay double the original shipping to return an item to Overstock in the past paid $2.95 to recieve $320 worth of merchandise and am paying $6.00 to return on $50 dress :( Other sites do free return shipping, hint, hint.
I am a pear shape and not many dresses are figure flattering for me. I ordered this and figured I'd give it a shot. They didn't have black so I thought I'd be bold and go with periwinkle. Once I got home and saw that it was delivered I tried it on immediately. I have kind of big arms and the sleeves weren't too tight and it fit perfectly in the torso and the tie gives just the right amount of attention to the waist. The color is great and I'm excited to accesorize with bright fun summer jewelery. I'm not looking forward to ironing it but hey that's what dry cleaners are for. I also gave it the twirl test and it's a winner! What girl doesn't love a good twirly dress?
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The fabric is great and the cut is very flattering
- Did the product fit true to size? I am a bit heavier than normal right now and I tend to run bigger in the bottom than the top so I got a 14. It looks great on and fits perfectly.
Very figure flattering for many body types. The sleeve detail, full skirt and cinched in waist make you look & feel very feminine, sexy & elegant. This dress can go from the office to an evening out with friends to a relaxed weekend event depending on how you accessorize it. The style of the dress has a timeless appeal so it'll be one of those "go-to" items in your closet for a long time. The fabric & workmanship are of a very good quality. The bit of stretch in the fabric makes the dress comfortable to wear & easy to move in. It is machine washable so you'll save on dry cleaning too.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes, the Orchid colour is stunning!
- How is the quality of the product? Very Good
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
I was shopping online for a dress I can change into as I walk away from my reception and off to my honeymoon in a few weeks. I wanted something classy, adorable, and modest, and this dress is ALL of those things! (The neckline is a little low, but a cami/undershirt is an easy remedy to that.) I saw a review about the the material quality being a pillowcase- very thin, and low quality, so I was a bit worried. The material is a little see-thru, but that's only when you're not wearing it. If you put it on, it's not see-thru at all. The material isn't thick so that it can be light and airy, and it is most definitely a twirly dress, as pointed out by another previous review! I love the wrap that goes around the waist. I am not the same shape as the model in the picture, but I was able to adjust the tie so that it still flattered my waist line. Honestly, I can't name anything I don't love about this dress! Muchas Gracias, Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Slightly above average quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
I bought this dress for my 13 year old daughter to wear to her piano recital. She complained that it was too long, but in my opinion it was just right. It was modest and classy. She got many compliments on it. Now she calls it her lucky dress. My only complaint is that it wrinkles very easily. You just have to get your iron out for this one.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
The dress is made of a very thin low quality textile. It's so thin - it's worse than the cheap pillow case. I could not believe the quality - looks like some granny sew it on her sewing machine from the home made material...it's NOTHING like the dress on the picture...I wanted that flattering puffy look but it came in a bag like a t-shirt and it weighs nothing because of the thin see thru textile.
I'm 5'3" 125lbs & this fit perfectly in a size 6. it's longer on me than on the model, but it drapes nicely. The open v-neck helps detract from the long hemline on me so that the hemline at midcalf doesn't make me look short and dumpy. The dress fit perfectly around my waist and is quite slimming. The bow isn't too bulky, and it covers the left over baby belly. The sleeves helped add width to my shoulders thus balancing the a-line skirt so I didn't look bottom heavy. The dress is really light weight but I didn't see the need for a slip as some others mentioned. I ordered it in "FOG" which is just a light tan/khaki color. It's a wrinkled mess so it's not ideal for travel. I love this dress and can't wait to wear it with wedge heels or even flats. It's too cute! I may even wear it to the country club!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good but thin fabric
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
I'm soo glad that there are some designers out there that still care about women wanted to look modest and classy at the same time. This dress has been my best purchase in the last two years! We need many more like them. Some of us out here are still modest, God-fearing women!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I chose the aqua and it was even lovlier that it looked on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top quality
- How accurate was the sizing? very
I bought this dress to wear on my wedding day (for the times I wasn't wearing my wedding dress). I got lots of compliments, even from one of my new brothers-in-law who has seemed kind of quiet so far. I love the color and the fit. I'm 5'2", 125 pounds, with average proportions, and the dress fit great. It was light and comfortable for a hot summer day. The dress is cotton, so it does take some ironing to get it looking nice, but once it's ironed it stays looking pretty nice (unlike some linen dresses I own...).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
This dress is so great. I was hesitant to buy because of some of the review but I am so glad I did. I am a size 14 with some curves where curves shouldn't be and not many dresses or skirts fit me the way I like them to, which is why I don't wear them often. But this dress made my figure look so good! The material is what I expected from having read the other reviews. It is somewhat thin but that did not deter me from buying this dress. I'm glad it didn't. I ordered it in black and in a size 14 and it fit perfectly! I would definitely recommend this dress to anyone considering buying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was great. I ordered black and it was just like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the dress is ok. The material is thinner than I would like, but then any heaveier and it would be a completely different dress.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was spot on. I ordered a 14 and it fit me perfectly.
This is see through so it needs a slip. I dont like the sides they have slits for the bow wrap so you have to wear an undershirt or youll be showing everyone your skin on the side. The length is perfect but the collar is a little loose for me but bearable. It is not easy to put on and the side zipper does nothing to help get this on or off so you need to have this on before you do your hair or it gets ruined. It also wrinkles just by looking at it. So would I say get it yes but am I way happy with it no.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
On a young, slim woman, the dress might look good, but it did not flatter me. I'm sending the dress back because it did not fit. I did not change to a larger size because I did not like the way the belt/sash worked. I could not figure out how to tie it to look like the picture. There is a big (3-4 in.) opening in one of the side seams which I think is for the sash to pass through, but I did not see how to use it. The opening really gapped on me. The orchid color was lovely. And I disagree with reviewrs who criticized the fabric. I thought it was ok.
I love this dress!!! I receive compliments every time I wear it,. It accentuates curves without being too form fitting. I bought it in yellow earlier this year. It's a very classic, clean feminine dress. I wear it to work and to church, not sure if I would use it as a date dress as the skirt is a little long,also the reason I would not recommend the dress for shorter women.
I love this dress! It falls a little longer past my knee than I expected it might, but nothing to really worry or fuss about. Guess I'm a little on the shorter side at 5'5". I'm not sure how other people who have ordered the same dress, have so many complaints about it. It's nice material, while the black is very slimming.. I can't wait to wear it to my rehearsal & rehearsal dinner this Friday! Buy it.. you will love it too! :)
I know that a lot of the other reviews said that this dress was cheep and wrinkly, well I love this dress! It is so cute! Very 50's house wife kind of look. I do agree that it is too long but hemming a dress is the easiest thing ever so thats not an issue. I got the periwinkle color hoping to wear it for Easter, or just in the spring sometime. The fabric is light weight but in Texas that is a good thing :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I got the periwinkle color and its perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is nice for the price.
- How accurate was the sizing? It fits perfect, very true to size.
Absolutely love this dress. It is a perfect fit, easy to wear, can add vivid color accessories. Love this dress; one of my favorites.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same; perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate
i thought it was a wrap around dress it isnt,but the color is wonderful and i will wear it out for dinner
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not great but looks more expensive than it is
- How accurate was the sizing? id go 1 size larger
I got this dress for work, but realized it would be great for a nice cocktail party or happy hour out with the girls. Very cute and easy to accessorize.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great fit-
- How accurate was the sizing? good
For the price I paid, I wasn't really expecting so much from this product, compared to the dresses that you can get from the mall and boutiques. I wasn't even expecting anything with regards to the size, since I ordered it online, and never get to try it on. But I said what the heck I can return it if it doesn't work. When it arrived and I tried it on, I then knew that it's a keeper! I loved the material, the classic style and the fit was just perfect. I love this dress!:D
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's black as promised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For it's price the quality suffice. Got good material.
- How accurate was the sizing? I'd give the sizing a grade of A +++.