These boots are real leather and are very hard. The first go around the sizing was off. I wear 10 and these boots had to be returned for a 10.5 which was still a little tight. The real leather smells like leather. The uppers hurt my feet because they are so stiff. I'm going to apply saddlesoap and mink oil to soften them up and waterproof them though that will make the color of the leather darken. The first time I wore them they killed the arches on my feet, felt like someone stuck a flaming butcher knife in the arches and snapped it off. I took 3 days to recuperate and tried them again. Guess the butcher knife disappeared cause that didn't happen again, something else did. It seemed like the boots were going up hill, like the toes were higher than the heels. At the end of the day my heels were trashed bad, almost crippled me. I'm gonna get some padded insoles and see if they help. These boots look good, are constructed very well and if they weren't trying to keel my dawgz I'd give them 5 stars. Overstock online chat support was dismal but the email support was stellar.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good materials and workmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is off by at least 1/2 size, maybe more.
These were a present for my son who lives in Colorado , not to heavy for hiking and durable enough to handle snow and slush ! Great choice is what he told me !
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. awesome and very well made
- How accurate was the sizing? definite match up