My husband has been wearing these shoes since becoming an amputee in 2005. He said these are the only shoes that don't make him feel like his balance is off or that one leg is longer than the other. They're expensive but he feels like they are worth it. The price on Overstock was awesome.
I bought these for my husband....didn't know if he'd like them or not. what a surprise...he loves them
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. top quality
- How accurate was the sizing? right on
I like the look and feel of these shoes very much. they are light but snugger than boat shoes, which I usually wear. They are quick and easy to pull tight and tie, with just 3 eyelet pairs, and the top ones are open swivel type. Color is very good and goes with lots of looks like Dockers or jeans or shorts. They are water resistant also so they can be used at the beach or while boating, they just are not a slip-on/slip-off type of shoe. Very happy with the shoes, and the lengths that Overstock went to make sure I was satisfied! Great customer support and attitude! Just order them 1/2 to 1 size smaller than you normally do and you should be fine!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was very close to what was viewed on line.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product quality seemed good until one of the lacing "eyelets" popped out. I sent it back and received my replacement pair in about 2 days time!
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is my biggest issue,. as these shoes run at least 1/2 size large! That means that if you wanted a size 8 1/2 like I did, you order a size 8. I had to return my original pair due to very loose fit. The width is also very generous, so you may not need a wide size if you are not extremely broad in the foot.
I haven't had the shoes long enough to know about their durability. To me they are uncomfortable. All the reviews I saw stated that they are the most comfortable shoe made however, they do not bend very easily and the bottom feels like they are raised on the outside edge. After I wear them a short while, maybe 1 hour, my feet are hurting and sore because they will not bend as I walk. Maybe they will be better when they are broken in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very similar to the photo on the website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shoes seem to be of a high quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? The size was similar to what I am used to.