I did some heavy review on the Ray-ban aviator sizing before purchasing these and unfortunately it did not work out. I watched a helpful youtube video of a women trying on several sizes, however her face was larger than mine and therefore I was slightly misled. Ray-bans have 4 aviator sizings (contrary to what people believe). 52mm, 55mm, 58mm, and 62mm. These are the 58mm. The numbers refer to the width of the lens, not the span of the glasses. It also affects the height of the glasses (how far down the face they fall). I have always considered myself to have a slightly larger face than most...although for these I will be purchasing the 55mm. My general recommendation would be to use your height (as odd as it sounds) and your weight to guess the glasses. 52mm for petite individuals (If you shop petite, are shorter than 5'4", and have a slim face...basically if people consider you "small"...get these). If you are an average girl (5'5-5'9"), ranging from slim to slightly chubby cheeks, 55mm. For these particular glasses,the 58mm, I recommend women who are 5'10 or taller or have chubbier faces. I would also recommend this size for most average men (under 6'1"). The 62mm is for larger men and I would not recommend it for any women unless you are going for the "half your face" sun glass look. The height is just to give an idea of head size. Since most people do not know this head size. I wear a 7 1/2 women's hunt cap and the 58mm were too large for my face. Hope this helps. Overstock was helpful and fast with the refund. I am mostly bummed that these glasses didn't fit my face because it was a GREAT deal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Picture accurately depicts
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ray-ban's always deliver
- How accurate was the sizing? moderate
I have always wanted a genuine Ray Ban pair of Aviators. My hubby surprised me with them for my bday! They are a fabulous fit and look for most any head frame. FYI...I usually have issues with picking a pair of sunglasses each summer that dont make me look like I have protruding chipmunk cheeks and they add weight to my face. These didnt do that! Im so happy with them. Am just waiting now for Iceman to come pick me up for a ride on his jet! :) lol!
I ordered these and saw after the fact that they were mirrored lenses and didn't think I would like them....I was wrong. These sunglasses are great for the price, classic Ray Ban Aviators with dark mirrored lenses, will be in style forever. Great purchase, you won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate, hard to capture the mirror lens in a photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Classic Ray Ban quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
Super disappointed with these sunglasses. Definitely did not seem like women's and will definitely fit a man's face. I should've done my research and compared the model number to the Ray-Ban website. These are the original aviators (I believe they may be the largest size) since the Ray-Ban aviators come in large, medium, and small sized frames.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes- same as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ray-Ban Qualitt
- How accurate was the sizing? Pretty sure these are Unisex (original Aviator model- thus way too big)
I love these. I saw them in a store and was thrilled to find them for a lot less on Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The glasses are exactly like the ones that have seen in stores
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate