I bought this lace accented empire dress in lavender to wear to my second cousin's wedding this June. Having only tried it on, I can tell you this dress is beautifully made, perfect for a wedding guest to wear, nice workmanship throughout. I am very impressed with the quality of dress for the price . Sizing is true to size but, women with larger chests should probably round up for comfort.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was slightly darker or deeper hue of lilac than it appeared on computer
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent.
- How accurate was the sizing? Pretty accurate
I really wanted to like this dress. I wasn't entirely sold on the sequins when I ordered it, but decided to give it a shot, since I thought the dress itself was really cute. For me, I felt the sequins detracted from the rest of the dress. It is the holographic kind that in one light looks matte silver, but when it shines, reflects into multi-color. I felt it cheapened the look of the dress. As for the dress itself, it wasn't quite what I expected. The main part of the skirt, I assumed was chiffon, but was actually more of a nylon mesh - my mistake there. For reference, I am 5'3" and pear shaped. I thought this would be a flattering fit, but I was wrong. The length went past my knees and hit in an unflattering spot. It also just didn't flatter my shape in general. There was nothing specifically wrong with it, it just didn't do anything for me. Overall, I wanted to love this dress, but just don't - it will be getting returned.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was darker in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing matched up with Overstock's sizing guides
This dress was fine, but not what I was expecting. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the bodice and hemline are covered with holographic sequin stickers. These are not your typical sequins that are sewn on - they are literally stickers that are stuck all over the affected areas of the dress. And as another reviewer noted, the sequins are very holographic, like those holographic stickers you loved as a kid, or maybe that crazy wrapping paper you buy for your young niece's gift. Without the sequins I think this dress would have approached sophisticated, but with them, not so much. I actually looked into peeling them off, but they're stuck tight. In the end, I talked myself into wearing this dress to the wedding I bought it for, and I sort of wish I hadn't. I did get lots of comments about how great and "princess"-like I looked. Not quite the classy young professional vibe I was going for...
This dress comes in several color choices. I chose the dusty blue color. It is a sweet dress. SHows off the cleavage and has sparkles and sheerness and is a great party or event dress. It does form fit the body - and is a bit hard to zip up in the back. Once zipped and all - it is a dress that is firmly in place! Very happy with it.
Thought I'd check this dress out because I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding and my color is blush. This dress wasn't blush so I"m returning it. Cute dress though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color stated blush and it ended up being a very deep purple shade
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed okay
- How accurate was the sizing? I didn't try it on so I don't know
First let me start that I love the way this dress looks and fits. I am two months postpartum and ordered this dress for a wedding in about a month. I have a little pooch left, and it hides it nicely. I ordered a size 10 and it fit perfectly. The dress is very pretty. Yes, it does have sequins - I don't believe it lessens the quality of the dress, but of course - it's hard to see how the dress will look with the sequins until you see it in person. One caveat. I ordered the slate color thinking I was getting a light teal blue dress with a grey tinge. That is not at all the color that came. The slate color is actually a true slate color. Google the color slate and that is what you're getting. A lighter slate blue. I am keeping the dress, as the color is fine - but I am disappointed the color is not what is shown in the photo.
I will be returning the dress as the color is so far off than what the picture shows!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color doesn't even compare to the color in the picture. I ordered the dress in blush and it was more of a purple. This is very unfortunate considering I need it for a wedding I'm in in two weeks! I am returning it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is ok
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is pretty bad.
Dress was accurate but if your blessed in the chest may have to get a size bigger than the chart suggests to fit comfortably.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful product show stopper
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was good, but tight.
Unfortunately, when I got the dress I realized it was too formal for what I had planned to wear it for. I was disappointed to send it back, but didn't even take it out of the plastic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I think the actual color was a little bit darker than the pic, but I was really happy with it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seemed excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? didn't try it on
I ordered this dress as a possible bridesmaids dress and was pleased with the quality but not so fond of the sequence that is located at the bust area and along the hem. The sequence is all different colors and would have been much better if it was one color, like clear. Also, the sizing seemed to run a little large. This is a nice dress but not exaclty what I'm looking for so sadly, it's going back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Blush was darker than I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality
- How accurate was the sizing? ordered 6 and it ran large
I wear a size 16 normally. Ordered a 16 and it did not zip up all the way up. The front revealed more than I wanted. Other than that, it was a nice dress! Wish it would have fit!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfect dusty rose.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the sizing? Not so much.